Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

GM is ANTI-NORTH AMERICAN !!

6K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  jmiboi 
#1 ·
I see the new Trailblazer is now available in RUSSIA!! (there's some great Youtube vids of owners tooling around in them)

The North American public BAILED OUT GM, and how do they repay us?
By giving the vehicles we want to buy, to other countries.

GIVE US THE VEHICLES WE WANT. NOT THE CRAP (Equinox, Traverse, Acadia, Orlando, Trax, Terrain) YOU WANT TO PUSH ON US !!

I love my 2004 Envoy. The things a champ. 250k hard Kilometers.
But it's time to start looking for similar sized replacement.
MY whole family is GM loyal but, I'M NOT about to buy any of the above listed vehicles.
I need real 4x4.
The full size trucks are too big.
The Colorado/Canyon is too expensive for what it is.
The Tahoe/Yukon are too big and expensive.

We need to start a shame campaign on GM, and force them to bring the new Trailblazer/Envoy here.

IMO

See less See more
#4 ·
we elected people who made the Chicken Tax

From what I understand, the Holden Colorado 7 is manufactured in GM's Thailand facility, which makes it fall under the Chicken Tax legislation if it were to be imported to here in North America. This is what would be sold here in the US as the new Trailblazer.

If that vehicle was to be sold in the US, more likely than not tariffs would bump its price into Tahoe/Yukon territory.

Never mind that it's the right size, with towing capability, an available diesel, third row seating, 4WD, and an available snorkel. For us North Americans, GM has determined that our "niche" is filled by the crossovers currently at the dealerships.

Me personally, I live out west in Idaho, and I tow crap around in my '05 EXT. That straight six motor is something my dad would have sworn on, seeing as how an earlier generation of that motor was in his truck. I've driven my rig diagonally on hillsides on logging roads so that Jeeps could pass by.

My suggestion is to print out the pdf sales brochures for the Holden Colorado 7's and given them to staff at your local GM dealerships. Not sure that would make a difference or not, but what can it hurt?

Personally, that face on the 7's make them look less serious and that tail end could use a makeover, but otherwise it'd be a good rig to have.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.