Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

Oil consumption, AFM, misfires, etc

3K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  moostadon 
#1 ·
I have a 2006 TB with the 5.3L V8. This thing has had way more than its reasonable share of problems. I'm on the second $3,000 cylinder head rebuild in 114,000 miles. I have gone through the proper customer assistance channels with Chevrolet to no avail.

I've done some research and I can see that the oil consumption issues leading to engine problems with this engine are NOT unique to me. I am interested in trying to gauge how widespread this issue is. I have a very basic website with a simple form to try gather some information so we can see if this is isolated or common.

If you have experienced similar oil consumption, AFM, misfire, fouled or cracked spark plugs I'd appreciate if you'd get me your basic information via the form on my website. I promise I'm not trying to sell anything or share your information without your approval. I just think that there should be some GM accountability if this does prove to be a widespread issue with these engines.

http://gm5300v8.weebly.com/

Thanks!

#2 ·
^^ Same here. What is up?

:iagree:I have been a life long GM fan. From the day my dad brought me home a 71 Olds convert. in '85 for my 16th B Day, I have owned 13 GMs. My grandparents retired from a plant in Anderson Indiana. My whole family drives mostly GMS. My brother is a top ASE cert. tech starting in a Chevy dealership 25 years ago. I have always maintained my cars very well. We currently own one of my favorite autos every and owned it longer than any other in my driving history... my 2006 Envoy Denali XL. Almost 2 years ago the transmission went out at 92k miles. It was almost paid off, and after careful consideration we decided we had to replace the tranny and keep it in stead of trading it in since we still loved the SUV. Now, at 110k- the motor has failed. GM V8's have had a history of going strong for many years and miles. My story seems so much like the OP above, after going to his site- I read that my motor is doing the same as his. Is it the DOD? Are these being engineered to last only up to 100k? My confidence has been crushed. Looks like a Re Manned Jasper motor will be dropped in her.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.