Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

Help...engine light and ABS light on

2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  scover5555 
#1 ·
Hey folks, Here's my story...

I was with the wife and the new baby about a week ago driving to the grocery store (highlihgt of my life now a days)...

Anyways, after about 5-7 min of driving, while stopped at a red light, the truck bumped a tiny bit in the revs, then stalled. I said...hmm weird. Started it back up and everything was normal.

About 10 min later up the road the engine light came on while doing about 65 kms/hr (approx 40 mph), but everything still running smooth.

Made a few pitstops (with the truck turned off) and upon start up the engine light still on.

So a few days later, i decided to disconnect the battery for an hour and that fixed it...no light...

Next day, wife took it out and called saying that the light came back on 1 min down the road. Now im like...wtf! But thats it. the truck only stalled that one time.

NOW- a few days ago, i was backing out of my driveway, then when i put it in drive, the ABS ligh came on. A couple times turned itself off for about 2 min, then came back on again and has been on since.

Has anyone experienced this before?

Its a 03 Trailblazer LT ext, now with an engine light and ABS on contstantly.

Is there a way to pull codes without a OBD scanner? I used to be able to with my 97 STS cadillac. Wondering if i can do this with the TB.

Thanks everyone.

See less See more
#2 ·
Some systems you can jump pins 4 & 12 on the OBDII connector and count out the *flashes* of the ABS lamp to determine the code. I've got a *.pdf on it. Not sure if this is possible with trailvoys.

Joel

#5 ·
My wifes Grand Am did the same thing a few years back with both lights coming on. Reading a forum board I found it was a sign of a wheel sensor problem in the ABS. Since it was winter with all the slush on the roads I figured it would clear up after the roads did. In the spring and a few mud puddles later it cleared itself. So you might check the wheel sensors and connectors leading to them for tightness.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.