Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

Code cleared itself. Now time for inspection.

3K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  bugeyed 
#1 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by bugeyed View Post
Put a can of Seafoam in the gas tank with 1/2 tank & drove to the gas station & filled up. Car ran fine until today & back at 1/2 tank. SES with following codes:
1) P0171 System too lean (Bank 1)
2) P1133 H02S/O2S Insufficient Switching Sensor 1
3) P1133
4) P0171

The idle is at just a hair below 1000 RPM (higher than normal).
The code appeared after a 20min drive, about a 15 min idle, a 2 min drive, turn off for 10 min. And then restart. That's when it coded.
Could this be related to the Seafoam? I will clear the code & fill the tank tomorrow & see if that causes another code.
OK, update. I cleared the code & filled up the tank & the code came back quickly. Cleared it again & after about 100 mi. it coded again. cleared code & it came back quickly. Didn't clear it this time. After driving about 50 miles, at next startup there was no SES light. I am at about 1/3 tank now & everything seems fine, no code idle normal. Every time I cleared the code the idle went back to normal & it ran fine. Yes, I checked & the bulb is still good. I have my fingers crossed. BTW I am due to get state inspection this month, am I OK to proceed with inspection or will this history be a problem?

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.