Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

Wet Passenger Side Floorboard

54K views 52 replies 32 participants last post by  Charrules 
#1 ·
Anyone know what would cause the passenger side floorboard to get extrememly wet? I don't believe it is a heater core because the liquid is water. My guess is condensation from the A/C, but how does it leak back inside? What do I need to do to fix it?

#3 ·
I think your right, AC condensation. There is a drain hose, under the hood, on the firewall, passenger side. If plugged, the water goes into the truck.
There is a place where the heater and ac hoses & pipes go through the firewall, the drain is the hose on your right as you view the firewall.

#4 ·
:iagree: This may be the cause. I know sometimes there is a quite a puddle under my TB and traced it to the hose that runs next to the condenser. I imagine if that hose was clogged alot you would see alot of water.

Do you notice more water collecting on the floor after it rains? If you do there may be a leak or blockage somewhere else.

#7 ·
Yeah, I found that house and as soon as I removed it a lot of water drained out. It was like I removed the plug from a tub. I figured it was clogged and blew the hose out, but it was fine. There was no clog. I am not sure why it wasn't draining, but after I reinstalled it I verified it was draining. I guess we will see what happens. Thanks for the posts.

#13 ·
rain causes wet floorboards

Hi
The passenger side floorboards in my 2004 Trailblazer are soaked after any heavy rain. (No sunroof, and the door closes fine). Would it be the AC even though it only happens when it rains?

Unfortunately the same thing happened about 2 years ago on the drivers side and it cost 400 to fix it at the dealership (resealed the floor and put some new foam in). Before I take it to the dealership again wondering if anyone has any home-solutions we could try?
Thanks!

#14 ·
Having the same problem here, and even noticing that the water is finding a path straight through the floor pan and dripping out the bottom. I'm going to try pulling the hose and will report back. Is the hose just a short length that can be taken out from under the hood for inspection/cleaning? Are people finding the need to route out (poke or vacuum) the inside of the hole in the firewall?

#18 ·
my passenger floor is wet also

I will try these ideas myself, but my passenger floor gets wet also, mainly after a rain. It is mainly wet towards the front floor, but it feels wet all the way back to the back floor. I did find the seal to the back door pulled away from the frame and it looks like the water could travel down the frame towards the carpet and be absorbed and then gravitate to the front do to the truck being higher in the rear due to the suspension.

It's after a rain when its wet, so are there drains for the rain water that could be stopped up, or is that only an A/C problem?

#20 ·
Think I got it

I checked my Envoy today and low and behold....the drain tube had a leaf in it and it was backed up with water. Drained for at least 15-20 seconds.

So where exactly is this water coming from? The A/C or exterior? I turned on the A/C for about five minutes to see if I could get some drainage, but nothing happened (granted it's cold and not very humid here). Anyone know the source of this water?

#23 ·
Yours could be mold/algae growth triggered by spores that remain after you unblock the tube. Start by pulling it off and soaking it in bleach. If not, consider removing your blower motor resistor pack and spraying mold/mildew remover into the airstream to get the AC evaporator treated so you don't end up with Legionnaire's Disease.

#24 ·
Yeah, I actually pulled the tube off to see if that was contributing to the problem. Someone cleaned out my car and the tube disappeared from the cupholder on the console. And, whenever we notice the carpet beginning to get wet, I can poke the pipe cleaneer in the port and it will drain like gangbusters.

#25 ·
First time mine backed up and got the carpet wet, it was that I had slightly dislodged the hose with some maintenance work in the area. I think there's a flap inside that seals the hole if the hose isn't pushed in all the way. The lack of a hose might be your problem, and the tray of consendate at the bottom of your evaporator might be very icky all the time.

GM #22697948
ST1(LL8,CJ2,CJ3) HOSE,A/C EVPR & BLO MDL DRN
(ACDelco #15-33323)

$7 at the dealer - $4-5 online.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.