Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

po 410 trouble code air pump location

25K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  07DuramaxHD 
#1 ·
hi, im new to this , i like fixing my own cars but im learning on this new stuff, ive read all the threads on this problem but where exactly is the air pump located and the check valve and the hoses everyone is talking about i have a 2005 trailblazer with the 4.2 6 cylinder. thanks this air pump problem seems be a popular problem on these i have no drivability problems just mil light is on , i do have another problem im thinking these two go together but not sure i have a whining noise and it gets louder as you accelerate seems to be in the front of motor.any help much apprec.

#2 ·
If you've read all the threads, I know I've advised people at least five times the pump is under the driver's seat or a little bit farther back. On a frame rail. Just follow the hoses and look under there. Really, it's not that small.

Your other problem is likely to be the serpentine belt idler pulley. $20 aftermarket part. Women have been known to change them. Take the belt off for a test and see if the noise goes away.

#3 ·
If you have this code, and are experiencing no change in the drivability of the truck, I would seriously look into the check valve on the passenger side. I had my truck diagnosed just before Christmas for the same code. The dealership insisted it was the secondary air pump, although they tested it and it was working. Given what I had researched from this site, the original diagnostic did not sound right and, as such, took my truck in for a second diagnostic opinion at another dealership.

The gentleman working the parts department at the second dealership was more than helpful, as he even did some quick research on his own. Between calling the technicians working in the shop, and checking the GM warehouse, he found that only 20 pumps were ordered from GM in 2008, verses 520 of the check valve.

Needless to say, between that little bit of information, as well as the strong opinion of the technicians, my truck had the valve replaced and, now two weeks later, I have had no problems with the CEL coming back on. In the last two weeks, the temperature has jumped around a fair bit, and neither air pump has not acted up.

The end result? The check valve was replaced, water drained from the secondary air pump, and no problems have occured as of yet.

#4 ·
Check valve (solenoid) is located on the passenger side in the engine compartment, just below your air intake hose. It looks like a small silver soda can, just right of the expansion tank & A/C accumulator toward the back of the engine.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.