Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

Missing vacuum line?

23K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  05TuckerTB 
#1 ·
Can anyone tell me if this piece was used on a 2002 I6? I'm not having any issues with the truck, just noticed it tonight after the throttle body cleaning.

I have seen what appears to be a vacuum hose connected there on later models. Maybe a design change?

For all I know, nothing has been connected there since I bought the truck 5 years ago.

See less See more
#8 · (Edited)
But my Envoy does...

I know this is an old post, but the topic is very relevant.

I have seen many times pictures or videos that show the above spigot (questioned by the OP) vacant or capped. But while troubleshooting another issue with my Envoy I encountered a vacuum line attached there. Below are two pictures showing the line at that end, and it's connection at the other end.

There is an additional interconnect between the two connection points shown, but the line definitely exists. Now here's the problem. A squirrel nested at the back of the engine and has gnawed through this vacuum line, and so now this connection doesn't work. He ate enough of it that I can't just splice it back together.

I find it curious that most models do not have this connection. But does anyone know exactly what this does, what those two connection points actually are, and whether my vehicle would behave differently without it?

Also, can a replacement part be found? I imagine I could buy generic vacuum hose tubing at the right diameter and rig it, but would rather have the original connection plugs.

#10 ·
Hey Swindler,
What was the outcome of the vacuum line on your 05Envoy XL? I have an 05TBXLT and I have issues with the read aux HVAC unit. I also have said vacuum line that has been spliced many times. If it is required for proper operation of the rear unit, this could be my problem. Would love to know how your problem turned out.
Thanks.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.