Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

!!!NOT SOLVED!!! HELP!! Ignition issues

[SOLVED] 
2K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  ndk0911 
#1 ·
Original Issue: Lock cylinder locked up and could not get it out. the key would not turn what-so-ever. Last night I sprayed WD-40 into the key hole and let it set for about 12 hours. When I tried to turn it I gave it a jiggle and it turned to the RUN position. I was then able to remove the lock cylinder.

New issue: I replaced the old lock cylinder with a new one per these instructions: http://chevroletforum.com/forum/trailblazer-27/key-wont-turn-18511/
I did everything it said and now the key turns but it does not crank the engine. It will go all the way to RUN but no further. I did however it it to start my manually turning the ignition switch, but when it started it idled normal for about 30 sec then would idle really low like it was about to die then rev back up again. My cluster panel is broken so I couldn't tell what RPMs it was idling at but by the feel of it it felt like it was 500 - 700 then ramp up to 1500 or so.
Any help would be greatly appreciated my car is stranded at work until I can get this resolved.

#2 ·
All of the experts left after the current forum owners destroyed TrailVoy. They can be found at G M T N A T I O N . C O M (skip the spaces) and will be more than happy to help.

I've been put on global ignore for helping people find the info they need so you won't see this in the thread.

#8 · (Edited)
I just followed the directions that I posted in the OP. I guess the truck just wanted me to do it twice. I don't know why it didn't work the first time.

Oh and the idling issue was because the a/c was on. It doesn't blow anyway. I got from an auction it was in a frontal collision and a lot of stuff doesn't work properly.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.