Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

Anybody done an EXT SS conversion?

6K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  mnypitEXT 
#1 ·
I have a 05 TB LT EXT that is nearing its end of daily driver duty. Wife is getting a new vehicle, but she wants a 2 seater convertible. I still need the towing and seating capability of the TB EXT, but like the SS stuff. It has a 5.3l V8, so a little extra power is in the works too.

So here is the plan. Remove the roof rack, side steps, side moldings, install the SS bumpers, wheels, springs and maybe a supercharger. I just replaced the shocks and struts with the HD bilsteins, and it handles much better than before, but I would like it to be a bit lower, but still be able to tow a 5000lb boat with as much ease as it has now.

OK so any pictures of one? I am nervous that the longer vehicle might look funny. Any other ideas??

#6 ·
Why not just take the money from the sale of the TB and the additional mods (like a super charger) and buy a REAL SS instead of some frankenstein that will look odd?

Here in Detroit they are affordable (10-12k) and you now have the real deal.

Im just sayin...
Because on the highway, the short wheelbase of the SS gets downright scary with my boat behind it. Already tried that combo. I'm just sayin...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.