Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

LT vs. SS

6K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  TRAILBLAZINFOOL 
#1 ·
I am looking to buy another TB and I'm torn between the LT & SS models. I am looking for a fully loaded model with a moonroof, full power etc... I do not off road with my vehicles but I do tow quite a bit. nothing too heavy, just 2 jet skis. I absolutely love the SS but I also like the LT models. I do use the 4x4 in the winter time but the SS does not have the 4x4 option. what are the pros and cons of these models?

#3 · (Edited)
SS! It does come w/ awd, but stock tires suck in the snow. I got a cheap set of 17' wheels w/ blizzaks for the winter, it's a beast. As far as mpg, sure it blows, but i had a LS before and surprisingly, i average almost the same miles per tank...maybe 20 or so less, but it's not too much worse, considering it's a lot more fun to drive.

#4 ·
thanks guys. I was leaning towards the ss but just wanted to hear it from someone else.
what years are the best?

i'm not a fan of leather seats. I've always owned cars with cloth interior. I purchased aftermarket plastic/vinyl floor mats (husky brand floor liners)

#5 · (Edited)
I would just buy the newest and/or lowest mile SS that you can find (unless you're budget limits you). There was one with only 3500 miles on it for sale on tbssowners.com not too long ago.

I'm pretty sure the SS did come with cloth seats, although most seem to have leather.

#9 ·
I know this is kind of an old thread but I was wondering which way you chose to go? I was thinking this same thing when I was looking to buy a TB and I found pretty much exactly what I was looking for in the LT with the 5.3 V8. At first it was SS or bust but that was when I was just comparing the I6 and the 6.0. I really wanted 4x4 as well and was having a hard time finding a AWD SS that was in my price range. I almost bought a nice 2wd but someone else snatched it out from under me literally hours before I got there. anyway I ended up finding my 07 5.3 4x4 for a great price and fell in love with it. It has the great sounding V8 with loads of torque and only 1 MPG off from the I6. Yeah its not got the 400hp LS2 but it gets the job done and has the 4x4 as well and is MUCH cheaper than an SS so to me it was a win/win kind of thing. Plus I have a Camaro SS in the garage so that scratches that need for speed when its inching lol

#10 ·
I bought an 08 LT that's fully loaded. I really wanted the SS but its more money for the vehicle and more at the pump. There's not a huge difference in options between the 2 vehicles. I did notice that the SS models are a bit harder to come by so for that reason they seemed to be a bit overpriced for the little extra that you get.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.