Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

check engine light code # p1441 what is it

35K views 9 replies 9 participants last post by  Harris5 
#1 ·
I had the check engine light on a 02 TB with about 140K on it. I scanned and got the p1441 code ( EVAP system flow during non purge) I cleared the code but can anyone explain to me what that code was all about? THANKS:)

#3 ·
Excerpted from the service manual:

"
DTC P1441
System Description
This DTC tests for undesired intake manifold vacuum flow to the Evaporative Emission (EVAP) system. The powertrain control module (PCM) seals the EVAP system by commanding the EVAP purge valve OFF (closed) and the EVAP vent valve ON (closed). The PCM monitors the fuel tank pressure (FTP) sensor to determine if a vacuum is being drawn on the EVAP system. If the vacuum in the EVAP system is more than a calibrated value within a calibrated time, DTC P1441 will set.

Conditions for Running the DTC Test
DTCs P0107, P0108, P0112, P0113, P0116, P0117, P0118, P0440, P0442, P0446, P0452, or P0453 are not set.
The ignition voltage is between 10-18 volts.
The barometric pressure (BARO) is more than 75 kPa.
The fuel level is between 15-85 percent.
The engine coolant temperature (ECT) is between 4-30°C (39-86°F).
The intake air temperature (IAT) is between 4-30°C (39-86°F).
The start up ECT and IAT are within 9°C (16°F) of each other.
The vehicle speed sensor (VSS) is less than 121 km/h (75 mph).

Conditions for Setting the DTC
A continuous open purge flow condition is detected during the diagnostic test (fuel tank pressure decreases to less than -11 inches H2O).

Conditions for Clearing the MIL/DTC
The PCM will turn the MIL OFF during the first trip in which the diagnostic has been run and passed.
The history DTC will clear when the PCM turns OFF the MIL.
The DTC can be cleared by using a scan tool. "

#6 ·
P1441 Code

I am resurrecting this thread because I am getting this code. I have check the gas cap and made a conscious effort to make sure I screw it on tight. The code will go away when I have a full tank, but once I get down to about 2/3 of a tank it cuts on. Does anyone have any suggestions on where to start to correct the system? Could it be a bad sensor? Should I have my EVAP system smoke tested? How much $ would that set me back? Any insight is appreciated!

BTW- I have 111K miles...

#9 ·
code p1441

i bought a 2002 chevy trailblazer about 4 weeks ago, the car worked fine for 2 days before it started idling low and just cutting off at redlights, the check engine light came on and i had it read code came up as p1441 , it has now been in the shop 3 different times for a total of 12 days. the dealer insists on sending to his mechanic as hes paying for it, however the first time they replace the throttle body, canister and filler tubes. i got the car back after 3 days and it was still idling low shutting off at redlights and check engine light came back on after 2 days same code. took the car back and they insisted it was the throttle body replaced it again. this week was the 3rd time replcaing the throttle body. im not a mechanic but at this point im sure im being screwed. can anyone tell me what is causing this code and my car to idle low and shut off? the throttle body has now been replaced 3x, the canister once, the filler tubes an gas cap. and this is still happening to me. :hijacked :suicide: :confused:

#10 ·
code p1441

i bought a 2002 chevy trailblazer about 4 weeks ago, the car worked fine for 2 days before it started idling low and just cutting off at redlights, the check engine light came on and i had it read code came up as p1441 , it has now been in the shop 3 different times for a total of 12 days. the dealer insists on sending to his mechanic as hes paying for it, however the first time they replace the throttle body, canister and filler tubes. i got the car back after 3 days and it was still idling low shutting off at redlights and check engine light came back on after 2 days same code. took the car back and they insisted it was the throttle body replaced it again. this week was the 3rd time replcaing the throttle body. im not a mechanic but at this point im sure im being screwed. can anyone tell me what is causing this code and my car to idle low and shut off? the throttle body has now been replaced 3x, the canister once, the filler tubes an gas cap. and this is still happening to me. :hijacked :suicide: :confused:
I have the same problem

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.