Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

2014: The Return of the TrailBlazer?

146K views 335 replies 137 participants last post by  cjdiaz1024 
#1 ·
I tried to post this in the GM News forum - but it wouldnt work.

While checking out the new posts over at GMI this morning, I came across a thread that reports that Edmunds.com claims a 2014 RWD, Body on Frame SUV based on Colorado is coming. Heres a link to the video from Edmunds, and a link to the thread at GMI. Let's hope it really happens someday! With the next gen Equinox getting downsized, there will be a gaping hole to fill in the lineup between a (smaller) Equinox, and the much larger Traverse.

http://bcove.me/br5g1z36 (Video)

http://www.gminsidenews.com/forums/...uv-coming-based-new-colorado-platform-101773/

Enjoy.

#5 ·
Obama Chevrolet Tahoe

That's the new Chevrolet Tahoe. It will be the "new" SUV size. Get ready for it. PS GM made a BIG mistake ending the Trailblazer. Traverse, just doesn't cut it.
Face it......GM knew in 5 years the Full sized Tahoe would be Trailblazer Sized.

#29 ·
That's the new Chevrolet Tahoe. It will be the "new" SUV size. Get ready for it. PS GM made a BIG mistake ending the Trailblazer. Traverse, just doesn't cut it.
Face it......GM knew in 5 years the Full sized Tahoe would be Trailblazer Sized.
They wouldn't shrink the already shrunken Tahoe. The Tahoe is only a shrunken Suburban, designed for soccer moms. To shrink the full size truck, they would also have to shrink the Avalanche, Escalade, Escalade EXT, Escalade ESV, Yukon, and Yukon XL. I've heard reports that the GMT930 trucks can't hold a full size piece of plywood, which is bad enough. The 830's could.

#6 ·
well the big news here in Janesville lately has been to reopen the GM plant here in 2014..It was the Tahoe line soooo if they put into production a mid-sized suv, id say this would be where it would go....And after hearing the news of it about a week ago i drove over there....what used to be a ghost town at the plant now has some activity going on(20-30 cars in the parking lot)...something is goin on over there,,i hope the plant goes back into production again,,it will support alot of jobs to the area again.

#8 ·
It would be great if they opened Janesville again, I hope they do, I work with some people from there that would like to go back home if they could. There was an article (that I can't find again) where Joe Ashton (VP of the UAW) mentioned the reopening of Janesville and Spring Hill.

We can only hope. :)

#20 ·
Unless it becomes a hybrid most won't be able to afford the gas for a SUV that gets less than 35 mpg.

It's about $70 to fill up now, we will be paying $100 by summer.

Sadly we own dinosaurs, we should enjoy it why we can.

GM needs to be working on an all electric mid sized SUV, it not like they lack room to put frigging power cells even in the current frame.

WTF, the GM bozos sold their hybrid technology to Japan and they build the Prius with the info.:duh:

#9 ·
Eh. If they can produce an engine better than what we have now, maybe. The looks of the truck just don't grab my attention in a good way. And I would love to see how/if they would come out with an SS version.

#11 · (Edited)
Sounds interesting. I hope they are bringing it back. It NEEDS 4x4 drive & able to tow! You hear that GM! Also I hope they give it a different look then the Colorado, it needs to look like a truck but not the Colorado.

Too bad they aren't making it before Dec 2012. We might see it after all, you know that whole planet coming to an end crap. :rotfl:

#21 ·
--Unless it becomes a hybrid most won't be able to afford the gas for a SUV that gets less than 35 mpg.

It's about $70 to fill up now, we will be paying $100 by summer.

Sadly we own dinosaurs, we should enjoy it why we can.

GM needs to be working on an all electric mid sized SUV, it not like they lack room to put frigging power cells even in the current frame.

WTF, the GM bozos sold their hybrid technology to Japan and they build the Prius with the info.----

They can have their hybrid BS. Some people still enjoy driving a vehicle that the don't have to throw away their dignity when they sit in the seat. Dinosaurs, maybe, but at least their built the way a vehicle should be. :m2:

#23 ·
They can have their hybrid BS. Some people still enjoy driving a vehicle that the don't have to throw away their dignity when they sit in the seat. Dinosaurs, maybe, but at least their built the way a vehicle should be. :m2:
I used to be like that and always hated the idea of having a hybrid. But being a full-time student in college and trying to maintain a job while having good grades is getting to me. I'm at risk of losing my job right now due to the crappy economy and budget cuts at the hospital where i work. I'm paying over $80/week in gas because of soaring gas prices. Do I love driving my truck? Absolutely! Do I love the way it's built? there's a few flaws but overall I'm pretty happy. But to be honest, I wouldn't mind driving a hybrid at the moment.

I acknowledged and took the risk of rising gas prices. There's no one to blame but myself obviously, so I know what I had in store. Until gas prices come down, I'm going to be driving my sisters Malibu a little more frequently which gets a whopping 30 MPG.

#30 ·
:m2:Hello all, i was hoping gm might bring trailblazer back,but like the others dodge,ford it probably won't be the same. i am no expert but i have driven equinox,traverese-you call em what you will , i call them cars with big rims,i want a full frame 4wheel, not all wheel ride. keeping my 02 on line as long as i can.

#33 ·
I was hoping that they would bring it back. Dodge did it with the Durango...took a couple of years off, redesigned it, worked out some of the kinks, and now it's back.

Why couldn't GM do the same thing. However, if you look closely at that picture, the grille appears to match that of the Tahoe's.....sadly.

We will just have to way and see what GM decides to throw out there at the Autoshows coming up in the next year or so....

#39 ·
I was hoping that they would bring it back. Dodge did it with the Durango...took a couple of years off, redesigned it, worked out some of the kinks, and now it's back.
The old Durango was a Daimler/Chrysler product. The new Durango is a Fiat/Chrysler product. German vs. Italian.

Here is an excerpt from the New Chrysler LLC web site.

"With a cemented collaboration between Chrysler and Fiat, the New Chrysler Group is armed with proven processes, invigorated with access to new technologies and altogether able to streamline the path from planning to market. For the automotive consumer, this remarkable partnership will provide a product portfolio which will see 75 percent of the current lineup enhanced within the next 14 months and vehicles which will be 100 percent refreshed and reinvented by 2012. In the most basic of terms, it will give new customers newfound reasons to visit a Chrysler showroom for the very first time."

#34 ·
if only GM knew how badly we wanted the trailblazer back.... Well... as long as its properly equiped with an amazing engine, maybe a 5 or 6 speed ( that is after they start making a decent tranny), a posi, and a nice towing package.... And I think we can all agree, if you ever go off road, Traction control... one thing I wish they put into these babys... oooh and a 4wd system that doesnt give H*** everytime you want to use it. 4 wheel air ride would be a nice add-on too. I hate to say it but if the cant come up with a trailblazer or similar, I'm gonna get a Grand Cherokee, I know it sounds bad at first, but I gave it a chance and it suprised me with on the fly air lift suspension (up to 3 inches ajustable), amazing 4wd and a really nice interior, but it really isnt a dodge, its just a fancy mercedes

#35 ·
I don't think there are a TON of changes that really need to be made other than maybe tweaking the engine to get better gas mileage.

As far as traction control, the G80 rear differential is a limited slip differential, so that's taken care of. I'm not sure what "H***" is, but my 4 wheel drive works just fine without any complaints here, so that, IMO is taken care of as well.

As far as 4-wheel air ride, that may be better for the SS owners out there, to be able to adjust the suspension for sport/touring/etc. A lot of the Envoy owners ditch the bags for springs, or so it seems on here anyways.

And isn't Mercedes already a fancy car? How is it that Jeep/Dodge is now a Fancy Mercedes? :raspberry

#42 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.