Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

Drivers side lock seized up

3K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  PAblzr 
#1 ·
Hi everyone, I am new to this site. I tried to use the search for my problem but couldn't find anything helpful. I have an 05 trailblazer and the drivers side lock won't open using the key, I have to open the passenger door and hit the unlock button on the power locks to open the door. All the power window buttons work from the drivers side, lock unlock button works for the drivers door. It just won't open with the key from the outside.

Has anyone ever had this problem? And how was it repaired?

Thanks a lot, and nice to meet you all!:)

#3 ·
Wow. I thought I was the only guy who used a key to open his Trailblazer door!

Loverotties has the solution. If WD-40 by itself does not free your lock cylinder try running a pin or needle into the key hole while spraying to dislodge dirt and gunk.

Still cannot use your key after the WD-40 treatment? Before spending money for a new lock cylinder take the interior door panel off and check that all the linkage is connected and not binding. If you do need a new cylinder the panel has to come off so you will not be wasting any time or effort.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.