Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

Need to replace my seatbelt...? on how to

18K views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  Ravalli Surfer 
#1 ·
The other day I decided not to drive, but be a passenger and sit in the back seat behind the driver. I pulled out the seat belt and discovered that the belt was frayed and pulling apart :eek:. Now this sucks cause of all the belts that gets used, this one has maybe been used less a dozen times. So I basically need to replace this one and I'm wondering what is involved to replace this. Also if anyone has a part # for this I would be very greatful for this.

Tim

#2 ·
The other day I decided not to drive, but be a passenger and sit in the back seat behind the driver. I pulled out the seat belt and discovered that the belt was frayed and pulling apart :eek:. Now this sucks cause of all the belts that gets used, this one has maybe been used less a dozen times. So I basically need to replace this one and I'm wondering what is involved to replace this. Also if anyone has a part # for this I would be very greatful for this.

Tim

well I would have to say blindly that it would be as easy as doing a brake job on the TB or even changing a flat... depending on which end you will have to pull the side panel off ... they will just snap off... I don't even think you need to completely remove it.. .. but like I said I am saying this blindly...

#3 ·
Rear Seat Belt Replacement (TrailBlazer, Envoy, Bravada)

Removal Procedure
Remove the rear seat belt upper guide shoulder bolt.

Remove the rear quarter upper trim, left or right side.

Remove the lower seat belt anchor bolt cover.

Remove the rear seat belt floor anchor bolt.

Remove the rear quarter lower trim, left or right side.

Remove the bolt that retains the rear seat belt retractor assembly to the body.

Remove the rear seat belt retractor assembly from the vehicle.

Installation Procedure

Position the rear seat belt retractor assembly to the vehicle.
Notice: Use the correct fastener in the correct location. Replacement fasteners must be the correct part number for that application. Fasteners requiring replacement or fasteners requiring the use of thread locking compound or sealant are identified in the service procedure. Do not use paints, lubricants, or corrosion inhibitors on fasteners or fastener joint surfaces unless specified. These coatings affect fastener torque and joint clamping force and may damage the fastener. Use the correct tightening sequence and specifications when installing fasteners in order to avoid damage to parts and systems.

Install the bolts which retain the rear seat belt retractor assembly to the body.

Tighten the rear seat belt retractor bolts to 70 N·m (52 lb ft).

Install the rear quarter lower trim, left or right side.

Install the rear seat belt floor anchor bolt. Ensure that the seat belt webbing is not twisted.

Tighten the rear seat belt floor anchor bolt to 70 N·m (52 lb ft).

Install the anchor bolt cover.

Install the rear quarter upper trim, left or right side.

Install the rear seat belt upper guide with the bolt. Ensure that the seat belt webbing is not twisted.

Tighten the rear seat belt upper guide bolt to 70 N·m (52 lb ft).

#6 ·
Rear Seat Belt Replacement (TrailBlazer, Envoy, Bravada)

Removal Procedure
Remove the rear seat belt upper guide shoulder bolt.

Remove the rear quarter upper trim, left or right side.

Remove the lower seat belt anchor bolt cover.

Remove the rear seat belt floor anchor bolt.

Remove the rear quarter lower trim, left or right side.

Remove the bolt that retains the rear seat belt retractor assembly to the body.

Remove the rear seat belt retractor assembly from the vehicle.

Installation Procedure

Position the rear seat belt retractor assembly to the vehicle.
Notice: Use the correct fastener in the correct location. Replacement fasteners must be the correct part number for that application. Fasteners requiring replacement or fasteners requiring the use of thread locking compound or sealant are identified in the service procedure. Do not use paints, lubricants, or corrosion inhibitors on fasteners or fastener joint surfaces unless specified. These coatings affect fastener torque and joint clamping force and may damage the fastener. Use the correct tightening sequence and specifications when installing fasteners in order to avoid damage to parts and systems.

Install the bolts which retain the rear seat belt retractor assembly to the body.

Tighten the rear seat belt retractor bolts to 70 N·m (52 lb ft).

Install the rear quarter lower trim, left or right side.

Install the rear seat belt floor anchor bolt. Ensure that the seat belt webbing is not twisted.

Tighten the rear seat belt floor anchor bolt to 70 N·m (52 lb ft).

Install the anchor bolt cover.

Install the rear quarter upper trim, left or right side.

Install the rear seat belt upper guide with the bolt. Ensure that the seat belt webbing is not twisted.

Tighten the rear seat belt upper guide bolt to 70 N·m (52 lb ft).
Immust wanted to say Thank you very much for your post, I just had to replace mine and I used this step by step. THANK YOU
Billie Peterson

#7 ·
They are not covered for damage and I'm sure that frayed belt fabric is NOT on the good-side of the warranty list.

No matter --- I am very sure that seatbelts are NOT covered by any replacement warranty or guaranty.

That would be a never-ending liability to the manufacturer and since belts became mandatory in California (where else, huh?) in 1965* --- that's a long way back to pay for something that is totally out of the control of a dealership.

* I KNOW --- I was installing them for dealers used cars lot vehicles and private sales too.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.