Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

front axle help

2K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  Dsnellz73 
#1 ·
Hi I'm new to this forum, and I'm hoping that someone can help me out with a question that has me stumped. I took my truck to mieneke to have the front wheel bearings replaced and long story short they messed up my cv axle. My mechanic friend says I need a front driver side axle seal on the transmission. I cannot find this part anywhere. I have read in some places it called an output shaft seal on the transfer case, but he says no thats not it. All I do know is its the seal between the front cv axle and whatever it is the axle itself slides in. can someone tell me what exactly is the name of that seal and if it can be bought alone? Thanks in advance,

#5 ·
I wouldn't be in this position if it weren't for mieneke. I learned a pricey lesson, they will never work on another thing on my truck. The mechanic says it doesnt even look like anything was wrong with the cv axle they wanted to replace. They beat the hell out of it and when they couldn't get it out they did a half assed job in putting everything back together. I'm considering taking legal action now.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.