Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

Polish Aluminum vs. Molded Plastic

4K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Bill at CAI Inc 
#1 ·
Any feed back on the metal vs. plastic for CAI. I am close to purchasing a CAI for my 06 Voy Den 5.3L V8. After which I will do a mod from pcm4less to take advantage of the CAI. Are there true heat issues to consider when looking into CAI? Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks

#2 ·
There are actually a few things to consider here, and I could literally write a small book on all of this stuff but I will keep it short and sweet for you. :) To keep the IAT as low as possible we find that using an aluminum ceramic coated intake tube in conjuction with an insulated airbox works best. We coat are intake tubes inside and out with ceramic (the same ceramic coating you would find on headers) to ensure the least amount of heat soak as possible into your intake air. All of our intakes keep the IAT within 2 degrees of ambient air on avereage. We also do thermal imaging to ensure that our insulated air box is doing its job. The whole point of a "cold" air intake is to keep the air as cool as possible, thats why we choose to insultae our air box and ceramic coat the intake tube to block out engine bay heat. You can also find a lot of really good information on our website, www.ColdAirInductions.com Feel free to let me know if you have any questions, I would be happy to help. :thumbsup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.