Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

P0171/P0174 and P0507

[SOLVED] 
12K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  wedge1 
#1 ·
I've been reading this forum on P0171/P0174 DTCs for a couple of months. From the information that I gained, I did the following:

Put on a new air filter. NAPA Gold. It needed it.

Checked for vacuum leaks. None found.

Cleaned the MAF Sensor using CRC MAF Sensor Cleaner. It lightened it up considerably.

Cleaned the Throttle Body using CRC Throttle Body Cleaner. YUCK! It was bad.

After having done this, it idled at over 800 RPM. I unhooked the battery for more then 30 minutes. It still idled over 800 RPM. I unhooked the battery for 30 minutes again. It still idled over 800 RPM. I had to go to the store, and on my way, it set a P0507 DTC. Fortunately, it did not go into reduced power mode. I unhooked the battery overnight. It idled fine. No more problems with that.

The reason that there was some urgency was that I had to get a smog check. I got that yesterday and it passed with flying colors.

My whole reason for signing up for this forum and writing this thread is to thank everyone involved in talking about these trouble codes. Thanks to both those who asked the questions and those who answered the questions. I feel like I beat the devil. THANK YOU.

Now if I can only fix that P0463 code as easily. The threads on that aren't hopeful of an easy fix.

Wedge1

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.