Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

Mass Air Flow Sensor

17K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  eashbaugh 
#1 ·
I have a 04 Trailblazer which is drinking gas.. Like 200miles a full tank. I have changed spark plugs using NGK hoping for the best.. I have removed the Throttle body and cleaned it.. It was pretty bad. I need help on what to do.

#4 ·
did you disconnect the battery so the pcm can learn the clean throttle body?.. if not do so..atleast 30 minutes..or you can pull the fuses instead of disconnect...also . make sure those plugs are iridium..when im easy on the pedal.. i average around 18mpg..getting my pcm tune soon..

#6 · (Edited)
Gas Filter/ Remove fuse

No i have not changed the gas filter but i will.. Also i did remove the fuses when i cleaned the throttle body..

I do have a concern on the T-Stat.. I checked the level and it was at the 210 location .. Is that right..?

Also i tried the NGK plug.. It is a hotter firing plug. A couple of mechanic's told me about them. I was really looking for a performance change.. But it has more power.. that is all..

#7 ·
Trailblazer throttlebody

Replace the throttle body! I had problems and happened to talk to a guy at the parts counter at Chevy parts dept. He said he overheard my asking about injectors for my trailblazer. He said replace the throttle body, don't clean it it doesn't do much. The parts guy said he has never sold injectors for that engine NEVER. I bought a genuine GM throttle body on eBay for around $200, GM was $425. He highly recommended not a rebuilt or aftermarket, he went into a lot of reasons why. It made a great difference on how the car runs. I tore my old TB apart. Their is not much in there a few gears and 3 or 4 carbon traces with wipers. This is probably what gives the problems. I thought about drilling a hole so I could spray cleaner on them but that might work or not. Be prepared with a new one if you try that.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.