Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

trailblazer front end rattle

[SOLVED] 
8K views 7 replies 8 participants last post by  Don H 
#1 · (Edited)
NOT SOLVED Hello everyone new here I had a 01 blazer for 14 years and now have a 07 trailblazer that I absolutely love, problem is when hitting bumps the front end makes a rattle clunk noise that is annoying. When i apply the brakes and hit bumps the noise stops, everything seems fine in the front end upon inspection. So far i have changed the brake rotors and pads and the sway bar bushings but it still rattles any ideas????

Kris a chevy lover

#6 ·
I'm having a similar issue I can't see to pin point.

Metal on metal rattle coming from front left only when driving straight or turning right over bumps. Noise disappears completely when brakes are applied.

Sway bar linkage is tight, tie rod ends/ball joints/cv joints have zero play. There is a little slop in the lower control arm bushing, but I would think that would make more of a clunk than a rattle.

My buddy swears it's the wheel bearing. I guess it could be, but why would the rattle disappear when the brakes are applied. Brakes are down to 4mm.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.