Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

Volant Intakes are on Sale!

4K views 12 replies 5 participants last post by  Kendo 
#1 ·
Autoanything.com has Volant intakes on sale.
They are $255, and Volant currently has a $25 rebate!
I just picked one up for my '04 5.3. The fitment is okay, the filter is almost too big for the airbox, and the '04's don't need the breather tube, so I just plugged it off.
I know that some people don't like them, but I have one on my '99 Suburban, and it has been a great intake. This one is no different. The parts used are high quality. The plastics are thick and well molded, and the fittings are nice as well.

#5 ·
I'll do you one better!
Here's the unboxing:
https://youtu.be/36ES-HSw6Lc

Here it is installed!:
https://youtu.be/3dn9ehXGgjo

Just a note, I did wind up drilling two new holes on the air box to get the air filter to fit better. I rotated the filter inside of the air box about an inch. Now it fits much better and I have all four air box screws installed. I also cleaned up the flashing on the intake tube just to make it look better.
So far, I LOVE the way it sounds, it really growls when you get on it. I also went with a Superchips tuner (yes, canned tunes suck, but I'm 4+ hours from a dyno shop). The throttle response is great, and I have picked up over 2 mpg from what I was getting before I did the mods.
No matter what you go with, I would definitely go with a pre-filter. I have done it on all of my vehicles now, and it makes cleaning the filters much easier when I don't have bugs and miscellaneous other things stuck to the filter.
I've had these videos since last year and forgot to upload them.

#6 ·
SilverBulletz,

I have an 07 so I feel like I wont run into the issues that you encountered upon install but I appreciate the videos, watched them both!

Yesterday I just brought her to the Lupient Bloomington Chevrolet dealership and paid $51 to get the throttle body cleaned in anticipation for purchasing this.

:eek:fftopic: Random side note: I noticed a smoother idle after doing this (maybe its in my head) but nonetheless she's got 116K, single owner, & looked like she had been driven on dirt roads quite a bit so I felt it was worth it all things considered. I'm also thinking about getting an Air Raid throttle body spacer despite the scathing negative things I've read about them so go ahead and hate me readers :bonk:

#7 ·
It's a good idea to have the throttle body cleaned, it is a well-known issue with Trailblazers, and to a lesser extent, the 5.3 drive-by-wire in general.
It should smooth the idle, and they probably reset your computer as well, which will have the same effect.
If you do run into fitment problems, just unbolt the two bolts holding the air filter adapter to the air box. Rotate the filter until the air box fits, mark its location, then drill two new holes for the new mounting location.
You should be happy with it, it's a nice kit! I have one on my '99 suburban too, and I love it!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.