Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

K&N cai help??

[SOLVED] 
Tags
cai k&n
4K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  chevytb22 
#1 ·
I've search thru a lot of the cai threads but didn't have any luck.i installed the K&N 77 CAI but the instructions say to cut the 1 1/4in. hole IF my vehicle has air injection and i don't know if my 2002 LS trailblazer does or not.in the threads i found about the air injection it looks like the trailblazers that have air injection have a hose around the air box but mine doesnt have the hose and I'm trying to find out if this model just didn't have air injection or mines missing the hose because it does have a hole in the original intake tube.can somebody help me out ?thanks

#2 ·
My 2004 Envoy has the AIR system. I had to cut a hole in my intake. I noticed my dad's 2002 TB doesn't have the system.

You will have an intake temp sensor towards the rear of your intake. There is already a hole drilled for that. Look at your stock intake. If there isn't a hose coming out of the bottom in addition to that sensor at the rear, then you don't have the AIR system and don't need to drill a hole.

From what you're describing, it doesn't sound like you need to drill the hole and can just go ahead with the install.

Enjoy the sound :thumbsup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.