Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

Diagnostic Trouble Code P0410

6K views 14 replies 9 participants last post by  07_TB_RIDER 
#1 ·
Hello Everyone,

I attached a computer to my car after the check engine light keep coming on and it came up with this printout of my problem. However I have no idea what it is, can anyone help to let me know what i need to do to fix it? The printout is attached. Thanks.

Attachments

#4 ·
Lexus423: In your first post here a few months ago you couldn't find your spark plugs. Then you thought your brake rotors were bad because their outer edge was rusty. There are very elementary things that you need to buy a manual for or take a class in beginner's auto repair. Please don't PM me as you did and say you've diagnosed your P0410 code to the relay when you have no idea that it's the relay at fault. Please find a mechanic and stop guessing.

#5 · (Edited)
There are 3 components to the AIR system (besides the fuses and wiring). They are the pump itself (frame mounted under the drivers seat under the truck), the relay (mounted onto the pump mounting bracket), and the check valve (mounted on the engine under the air intake tube). If you hear the pump run for about 30 seconds on a cold start then your pump and relay are working. The most common problem on these systems is the check valve. If you remove the hose connected to the check valve on a cold start and do NOT hear the sound of an open exhaust system then the check valve is no good. The check engine light will reset itself after 3 cold starts if the AIR system has been successful.

By the way, if all parts of the AIR system are working, a bad O2 sensor will set the P0410 code as well.

#6 ·
Thank you very much to everyone who responded to my questions. Its good to know that there are good people out there willing to help, unlike the other one's who rather criticize and put people down rather than just giving a quick simple answer that is readily available.

Just a reminder that not everyone in this forum has the time to search through numerous posts and have the time to know everything there is to know about their trucks. In these hard economic times not everyone has a job or the cash to just bring their cars to a mechanics shop and pay out hundreds of dollars. A big reason people come to this forum is to do just that, to get reliable answers from people who care and are willing to take the time out to help fellow Envoy/ Trailblazer owners, not to be criticized and talked down to because they don't have the time to read through posts or don't know where certain components are located.

So again, thank you for all your help, and no thank you for your criticism.

#7 ·
...the other one's who rather criticize and put people down...
If you misinterpreted my response as a put-down, you're mistaken. I'm trying to put it in perspective for you - that you could be wasting money when you jump to conclusions instead of truly wanting to learn enough to be a competent maintenance tech. If my advice to buy a manual or take a class is a put-down, I'll have to live with that shame. :confused:
rather than just giving a quick simple answer that is readily available.
Um, no. There IS no quick simple answer for a P0410 problem. You have to troubleshoot it to find the broken part, or else you're going to be shotgunning it - throwing excessive numbers of parts at the problem, wasting money and time. I'm not WITHHOLDING the answer from you, but I've seen far too many new members come here and think that an Internet forum can be a substitute for being a competent mechanic with no training. Chances of success are not good. I can't tell you how many times I've seen questions about "how can I fix this electrical problem", and I post the schematic and all sorts of advice how the system works, only to be told that the original poster doesn't even own a $5 voltmeter and can't follow the instructions ANYBODY would give them. Then I have the unenviable duty to advise them they aren't up to minimum fish & game standards to be working on an electrical problem. Not owning and knowing how to use a meter is a CRITICAL impediment when working on an electrical issue. And blaming the messenger when told that is counterproductive. Going to a library and GETTING the training is the proper response.
Just a reminder that not everyone in this forum has the time to search through numerous posts and have the time to know everything there is to know about their trucks.
No time to search, no time to read up on how to fix the vehicle, just looking for an instant fix that we secret masters of trailvoy are hiding from you? Sometimes, there are no instant fixes.
In these hard economic times not everyone has a job or the cash to just bring their cars to a mechanics shop and pay out hundreds of dollars.
OK. Personally I LOVE to help folks avoid paying ripoff dealership rates, or get victimized by incompetent independent mechanics who change the wrong part or perform the wrong repair because they don't know the vehicles as well as we do. I bet I've saved members here over $100K over four years of being a volunteer answering questions. But I think I can speak for every volunteer here when I say we most enjoy helping people who share our enthusiasm to LEARN and to be a better self-mechanic. Not the ones who come in and think that it's easy, and that troubleshooting is a secret art with a magic answer book. It's a process.
A big reason people come to this forum is to do just that, to get reliable answers from people who care and are willing to take the time out to help fellow Envoy/ Trailblazer owners, not to be criticized and talked down to because they don't have the time to read through posts or don't know where certain components are located.
If you choose to not pay a mechanic, you MUST be willing to invest some of your time in a search process. You specifically jumped to a conclusion that your SAIS relay was bad, and PM'ed me to find out its location. I wouldn't just give you that answer, because my judgment was that you would be wasting your money and I wanted you to troubleshoot the system and find out which part was really at fault. And in the process you'd learn more about the vehicle.
So again, thank you for all your help, and no thank you for your criticism.
Someday, you'll understand the parable of "Give a man a fish and he's fed for a day...TEACH him how to fish and he's fed for a lifetime."

#9 ·
Ok come on guys this is silly picking at each other like that i'm 18 and i know better. We all have problems with our vehicles some time so I'd look into getting a code book for yours and a hanes manual that'd help to avoid searching here. I understand that not everyone is gifted mechanically but you could do a search if your really concerned rather than have to pay for a manual. I understand roadie's frustration cause this has been asked many times and it can be one of many things so you have to rely on POI. Sorry but i think sarcasm is really childish and we need none of that here. I'm just telling you what i think of it sorry!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.