Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

2008 trailblazer Heater problem

8K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  EnvoyBoy2004 
#1 ·
:weird:I don't know what this problem could be. When I use my heater which has climate control, the drivers side puts heat out, but the passengers side will work for a little while, then starts blowing out cold air. I keep messing with the climate control for that side and sometimes it will work but just for a few minutes then back to cold air. Can someone steer me into the right direction.

Thanks Rick

#2 ·
Heater temp R/S does not work at times.

I have the same problem with my manual control heater. When I move the R/S Temp slider to hot it will get hot, but go cold after a few minutes "wiggling" the slider helps for a while. I have ordered a new Control Head and will see if this corrects problem, will advise.

#4 ·
When you say you have climate control, do you mean you have the one with a digital display?

If so, you may want to try running the recalibrate procedure as follows;

1. with key on, turn the system OFF, then key off,
2. in rear fuse box, pull fuses #36 & 39, wait about a minute then reinstall.
3. key to on, wait at least 90 seconds, do not touch any HVAC control during that time.

If that does not work, you may have a bad temperature actuator, control panel or a bad temperature sensor in the air duct.

#7 · (Edited)
From looking online I'm told it's a son of a b to change. I ordered one and am/am not looking forward to changing it. It doesn't look like fun, but I kinda need heat now that the mornings are in the 20's.

If you changed yours, how did you deal with the metal in front of it? In the top right of the attached photo, covering the actuator?

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.