Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

Temperature guage and a/c not working

7K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  robertgee 
#1 ·
I have chevy blazer 2008 model saudi arabia specification. Temperature guage stop working and a/c at the same time, i removed the battery and connected again and both started working fine. But this problem is occuring again and again, atleast once or twice a week. Does anyone know what could be the problem.

#2 ·
Hard to say for sure, but, repairing the cooling fan would be a good place to start. The fact that heat guage stopped working, AND a/c stopped (which might be compressor,or just the FAN inside your car) BOTH at same time,well its pretty much electrical problem. Its hard to diagnose this without your car in front of me...i recommend you take it to a GOOD Auto repair shop i.e. R & R Certified Tire And Auto LLC ,with an auto electrical background, and FIND out, IF your inside ac-heater fan has stopped, as well as your heat guage....all this is ELECTRICAL...and Im sure those two problems are NOT covered by one fuse..I suspect a electrical GROUND problem somewhere, if ,indeed you have checked ALL the fuses...GOOD LUCK

#3 ·
Same issue, same place

I have the same exact issue. I'm in Riyadh. Maybe I bought your car.....:cry:

I was told if the temperature gauge is not working the A/C shuts off as a safety mechanism.

Its very difficult to find a proper mechanic here. Most people are just self taught with little equipment.

Any updates?

#4 ·
I have the same exact issue. I'm in Riyadh. Maybe I bought your car.....:cry:

I was told if the temperature gauge is not working the A/C shuts off as a safety mechanism.

Its very difficult to find a proper mechanic here. Most people are just self taught with little equipment.

Any updates?
No chevy dealers out there? If local guys don't have the know how, you better get to a place where diagnostics are available.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.