Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

05 TB that stalls while driving

4K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  Othniel13 
#1 ·
Hello All -

looking for some advice, last week driving down the highway the TB just died as I was getting off the freeway after several mins I was able to restart the TB

history: gas gauge has been dead over a year been running on fuel used that has been just fine, so I know there has been a check engine light for fuel gauge after the stall I turned the TB over acted like it was not getting fuel, had TB towed to the house after TT dropped it I got in and it fired right up.... grrrr

took it to my local shop figured its time to fix fuel gauge by doing so I will replace fuel filter and pump. yeah all in one Crap!

after the new unit was put in everything seemed fine, driving home the other on a 20% down hill grade single lane for 1.5 miles with cliffs, you guessed power just stopped! no power brakes or steering and no place to go I E braked it and muscled up until I could get to a safe place to pull over.

Today took the TB back to the shop after all diags they ended up doing following a Service Bulletin No: 09-06-03-004D and nothing had been found.

after getting home tonight the headlights are now coming on by themselves
I can see the passlock light go out a min later the lights come on.

I noticed that the amber light on the light switch is dim and never goes out and the lights would come on, I cranked the switch over after setting the alarm and watching the Passlock light go out the amber dim light now goes out and the lights are now staying off..

sorry so long wanted to give the full story as to what was going on

Thanks in advance for any help

FYI this not SOLVED

Tom

See less See more
#4 ·
Ignition switch is a known issue but both his stalls happened during change from high RPMs to sudden low rpms. Exit freeway ramp and just cresting over a hill.

You should also clean the throttle body too. What did your rpms look like when you stalled, any idea?

Headlights stuck on has been found to sometimes be the headlight relay (I think it's 45 or 46). The relay is really a solid state electoral is module, so try replacing that if the ignition switch isn't the solution.

#6 ·
Joel1 both times RPM's were low, as I was coasting, I will say the shop that did the Service Bulletin No: 09-06-03-004D cleaned and all contacts, its going to be a waiting game to see if it happens again. ill keep you guys all posted over the next few weeks on the progress

im going swap out the relay 45 tomorrow just in case I did pull the relay and re-seated it issue is gone but I have a feeling it will creep back.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.