Blower Motor Won't Shut Off - Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum

Welcome Enthusiast! If you already own a Chevy TrailBlazer or GMC Envoy or perhaps thinking of purchasing such a vehicle, then you have come to the best TrailBlazer and Envoy site on the net! Rainier, Bravada, Ascender, and 9-7x owners welcome too!

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to search and post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.
Join Today!
Go Back   Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum > 2002 - 2009 TrailBlazer/Envoy Tech > 02-09 General Tech Q&A > General

General If it doesn't fit in any other forum

TrailVoy.com is the premier GMC Envoy Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 01-03-2013, 08:40 AM

2003 GMC Envoy SLT
Black 4.2L I6 4X4
Blower Motor Won't Shut Off

Sorry about what must be a repetitive thread but all my search efforts drew blanks.

2003 GMC Envoy blower will not shut off when car is off. Even with the car running, the button can be on off and it still blows. So far I have had to pull the damn fuse (#35) under the hood to kill it as it drains the batter in no time flat.

Unfortunately, I need a quick fix as it's -5 degrees out and extremely unbearable. I'm headed to the dealer in a few hours and would love to be able to avoid the high charges there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-03-2013, 09:17 AM
TrailVoy Alumni

2009 Chrysler PT Cruiser
Inferno Red Other 2WD
If you have the manual AC controls then you need a new blower motor resistor. If you have the auto AC controls then you need a blower motor module. You may also need a new wiring connector depending on if the one you have is melted or scorched.

You can get to it behind the glove box.
Old 01-03-2013, 09:20 AM

2003 GMC Envoy SLT
Black 4.2L I6 4X4
Thanks Ray. Not sure what kind of AC control I have. I have the AC button and two sliders in the middle of the climate console.
Old 01-03-2013, 10:46 AM
TrailVoy Alumni

2009 Chrysler PT Cruiser
Inferno Red Other 2WD
That would be manual so you need a new blower motor resistor.
Old 01-03-2013, 12:15 PM

2003 GMC Envoy SLT
Black 4.2L I6 4X4
You're absolutely right. Was the resistor. It seems when this was replaced a year ago by independent mechanic because the fan would only work on 1 & 2 but not 3,4,5, he installed an aftermarket resistor. GM mechanic found it to be faulty and on the verge of further burning. $186 to replace.

The funny side note to this is on the way to the dealer, the blower motor started working as it should!!!

Thanks for the input. Had I posted this yesterday when I detected the problem I could've done it myself and save the money. Forgot I was a member here.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
(Only letters, numbers, dashes and underscores are permitted for user names)
The user name that you choose is permanent and can never be changed.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.