trailblazer with sound? - Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum

Welcome Enthusiast! If you already own a Chevy TrailBlazer or GMC Envoy or perhaps thinking of purchasing such a vehicle, then you have come to the best TrailBlazer and Envoy site on the net! Rainier, Bravada, Ascender, and 9-7x owners welcome too!

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to search and post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.
Join Today!
Go Back   Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum > The Lounge > TrailBlazer / Envoy Chat

TrailBlazer / Envoy Chat The TrailBlazer and Envoy Owners and Enthusiast lounge. (no tech questions)

TrailVoy.com is the premier GMC Envoy Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 01-24-2013, 10:07 AM

2005 Chevy TrailBlazer LTZ
sonic blue 4.2L I6 2WD
Exclamation trailblazer with sound?

dose anyone have sound in there trailblazer? i resently bought 4 12's for mine, i dont have an amp yet, i was wondering what are my main problems with the rattling sound.anyone help?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-24-2013, 01:18 PM
TrailVoy Alumni

2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LTZ
Majestic Red Metallic 4.2L I6 4X4
Is it coming from the front and/or back?only over bumps?on turns?need more info.
Old 01-24-2013, 01:32 PM

sonic blue 4.2L I6 2WD
i was wondering if i put the 4 12's in my trailblazer where would it rattle? if it would rattle.
Old 01-26-2013, 03:59 PM

2002 GMC Envoy SLT
Indigo Blue Metallic 4.2L I6 4X4
With 4 12" Subs your gonna have rattle on any pannel which isnt firmly braced. Any sheet metal on the body that you can push in with your hand, are thin, and will vibrate. With that kind of power, you might also have trim inside the car vibrate as well as any windows or glass with worn weather seals. I have 1 12'' sub and my tailgate and rear quarter pannel both vibrate a little, as well as my rear license plate. I strongly suggest Dynomat. Have it professionally installed if your not confident because it will make a huge difference.
What kind of RMS power are you gonna have with 4 12s?
Old 01-26-2013, 06:50 PM

sonic blue 4.2L I6 2WD
There will be a 2200 watt amp on the 12s, do about 550 each. With a ported box up to specs, i made. I also shaved the rear winshield wiper the handle to open the glass part of the hatch. Should i put some rubber behind the license plate?
Old 01-29-2013, 01:25 PM

2002 GMC Envoy SLT
DAMN! Thats gonna be loud all right. I simply used some rubber washers behind the liscense plate screws and it doesnt make any noise.
Old 01-29-2013, 02:33 PM

sonic blue 4.2L I6 2WD
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVoy View Post
DAMN! Thats gonna be loud all right. I simply used some rubber washers behind the liscense plate screws and it doesnt make any noise.
what do you have in your trailblazer? the 4 12s are in my trailblazer i am currently fiberglassing the box, its mainly going to be a show truck and stuff, i have coustom sonic blue paint black and crome kmc 22s and a drop on it.
Old 01-29-2013, 05:00 PM

2002 GMC Envoy SLT
I have an Envoy, and I originally was running 2 12" Rockford Fosgate T1s with 2 Memphis competition amps, and a 24 farrad cap. I was pushing around 2200 RMS and 5000 Peak watts. I had that system in my other car but it was way too much in the Voy for my taste. Reason being, having an open trunk rather then an enclosed one like my Maxima, the sound doubled. Good for a show truck like yours, not an everyday driver like mine.
Now im running 1 12" Kicker L7 in a ported box powered by a Memphis PR.1000 Amp. It has about 1100 WATTS RMS and 2200 WATTS Peak. It sounds awesome, very tight, and it still has one hell of a punch for 1 sub.
Old 01-29-2013, 05:37 PM

sonic blue 4.2L I6 2WD
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVoy View Post
I have an Envoy, and I originally was running 2 12" Rockford Fosgate T1s with 2 Memphis competition amps, and a 24 farrad cap. I was pushing around 2200 RMS and 5000 Peak watts. I had that system in my other car but it was way too much in the Voy for my taste. Reason being, having an open trunk rather then an enclosed one like my Maxima, the sound doubled. Good for a show truck like yours, not an everyday driver like mine.
Now im running 1 12" Kicker L7 in a ported box powered by a Memphis PR.1000 Amp. It has about 1100 WATTS RMS and 2200 WATTS Peak. It sounds awesome, very tight, and it still has one hell of a punch for 1 sub.
Yea, eventually it will be a everyday truck soon, but im just going to tune it down till the shows, i just hate all the rattling from the outside, i want to try to stop it as best as i can without dynomating. I dont yet have them hooked up yet, looking for an amp to push the subs, they are 4 kicker 12's dual voice coil 4ohm comps.
Old 01-29-2013, 06:16 PM

2002 GMC Envoy SLT
Very nice. Kicker makes a good sub. I have been through probably 5 amps since ive started building systems and the best I have found so far is my Memphis. VERY strong and under rated. My amp was rated for 1000 RMS but the certificate it came with says it produced 1264 WATTS RMS. I very strongly recomend running 2 amps with your system rather then 1 powerful one. Reason being, even at shows you wont have to turn them all the way up stressing them. Im also a firm believer in overkill when it comes to an amp also. Meaning, if your subs produce 2000 RMS, get 2 amps producing 2500 RMS or so. This way, you will never have to crank your amp to bump your subs. From cranking your amp, it can overheat and blow. I lit my trunk on fire once because of this. Now, my Memphis amp doesn't even get warm and ive been using it for well over a year, every single day.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
(Only letters, numbers, dashes and underscores are permitted for user names)
The user name that you choose is permanent and can never be changed.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.