Envoy idling problem any ideas? - Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum

Welcome Enthusiast! If you already own a Chevy TrailBlazer or GMC Envoy or perhaps thinking of purchasing such a vehicle, then you have come to the best TrailBlazer and Envoy site on the net! Rainier, Bravada, Ascender, and 9-7x owners welcome too!

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to search and post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.
Join Today!
Go Back   Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum > 2002 - 2009 TrailBlazer/Envoy Tech > 02-09 Vortec 5.3L V8 Engine and Drivetrain > Engine Tunes/Mods

Engine Tunes/Mods Performance Engine Tuning/Engine Modifications

TrailVoy.com is the premier GMC Envoy Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 02-18-2013, 08:16 AM

GMC Envoy SLT GMC Envoy SLT
Fire Red 4.2L I6 4X4
Envoy idling problem any ideas?

2002 Envoy 6 cyl - the idling will fluctuate at and feel like it just wants to jump forward if I don't keep the brake on and once it stalled while this was happening. A few times it jumped to 1000 rpms and just stayed steady. Anyone else have this problem and was it ever solved? Thank you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-18-2013, 03:26 PM

2003 GMC Envoy SLT XL
Light Pewter Metallic 4.2L I6 AWD
Have you had any work done on your truck recently? Have you had the battery disconnected for a long period of time lately?
Old 02-18-2013, 07:07 PM
No longer with us

2004 GMC Envoy SLE XL
Summit White 4.2L I6 4X4
Check for vacuum leaks around the intake manifold, also have you cleaned the throttle body lately. If not, now would be a good time to get that off the checklist. Make sure to clean the front and back sides, and pull fuse #10 in the underhood fuse panel or disconnect battery while doing the TB cleaning.
Old 02-19-2013, 11:52 AM

Fire Red 4.2L I6 4X4
Just had it at the dealership were we bought it today and they cleaned the throttle body. So far it seems ok but I won't know till I drive it more. I will just wait and see. No work has been done to it. We purchased it 2 weeks ago. Lucky for us I know the people from the dealership since I was young being that my father works for them so we do get treated special. Thanks for your help and if there is anything else we will ask.
Old 02-25-2013, 04:04 PM

Fire Red 4.2L I6 4X4
Idling problem again.

Well, its now about a week and a half since I had it at the dealership and the idling problem started again this weekend and engine light just went on about an hour ago when the idling started again. Waiting for a call back from dealer. I will mention to them about a possible vac leak and I don't know what else. We purchased it used on the 6th and this is the only problem we have. It was a Volvo dealership we bought it from which I know the people their. He is probably calling a GMC dealer to ask them about the problems. I see on here alot of people have the same problem and it is very informative. Any other input, I will mention it to the dealer to help them out and get it resolved. The warranty is good for 3,000 miles/3 months. I need something to happen soon.
Old 02-25-2013, 04:15 PM

2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT
Midnight Blue Metallic 4.2L I6 4X4
Quote:
Originally Posted by BanditGTP View Post
Have you had any work done on your truck recently? Have you had the battery disconnected for a long period of time lately?
i disconected my negative terminal of my battery of a 02 trailblazer and now whenever i turn the heater on it will go from .6 revs to .3 and repeat till the engine shuts down. what could i do so this stops?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
(Only letters, numbers, dashes and underscores are permitted for user names)
The user name that you choose is permanent and can never be changed.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.