battery gauge moving???? - Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum

Welcome Enthusiast! If you already own a Chevy TrailBlazer or GMC Envoy or perhaps thinking of purchasing such a vehicle, then you have come to the best TrailBlazer and Envoy site on the net! Rainier, Bravada, Ascender, and 9-7x owners welcome too!

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to search and post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.
Join Today!
Go Back   Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum > 2002 - 2009 TrailBlazer/Envoy Tech > 02-09 General Tech Q&A > General

General If it doesn't fit in any other forum

TrailVoy.com is the premier GMC Envoy Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 10-24-2006, 05:14 PM

2003 Chevy TrailBlazer LT
Pewter Metallic 4.2L I6 2WD
battery gauge moving????

hey guys,
When I drive my truck my battery gauge needle moves back and forth between 12v to 14v. I recently sold my system so I know its not that. My truck use to do it when i had my stereo up loud, but know its just stock and it still does it. I replaced my battery about 6 months ago so i dont believe thats the problem. any ideas guys??

thanks
Advertisement

Old 10-24-2006, 05:18 PM
TrailVoy Guru

2003 Chevy TrailBlazer LT EXT
Onyx Black 4.2L I6 4X4
Maybe you're having problems with your alt?

THESE BIG RED LETTERS HELP ME FIND MY POST
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-24-2006, 05:55 PM
TrailVoy Alumni

2004 Chevy TrailBlazer LT
Silverstone Metallic 4.2L I6 4X4
Try cannabalizing an old cigarette lighter socket adapter and hooking the leads to a voltmenter. Monitor the voltmeter while the gage is fluctuating. Maybe the problem is with the gage cluster voltmeter. Do your lights dim noticably when this is occurring?
Old 10-24-2006, 06:52 PM
TrailVoy Guru

2006 Chevy TrailBlazer SS (LT)
White 402ci Other AWD
mine fluctuates between 13.5 and 14. however dmm readings show this is not the case. leads me to believe the gauge cluster isn't very accurate.
Old 10-24-2006, 10:12 PM

2003 Chevy TrailBlazer LT
Pewter Metallic 4.2L I6 2WD
thanks guys, it actually goes from 13 to 14 volts. glad to here its not just me. i wonder if its covered under warranty?
Old 10-24-2006, 10:21 PM
Northwest Chapter

not here not here not here
not here Other AWD
Hmm, Ive noticed my 02 fluctuating a lot at idle, especially with the music on. Seems like my sub is pulling a lot of power, so Im not worried, but I will check tomorrow and see if it does it while driving.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
(Only letters, numbers, dashes and underscores are permitted for user names)
The user name that you choose is permanent and can never be changed.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.