GM SPECIAL POLICY - Fuel Tank Inlet Check Valve Fracture - Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum

Welcome Enthusiast! If you already own a Chevy TrailBlazer or GMC Envoy or perhaps thinking of purchasing such a vehicle, then you have come to the best TrailBlazer and Envoy site on the net! Rainier, Bravada, Ascender, and 9-7x owners welcome too!

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to search and post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.
Join Today!
Go Back   Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum > 2002 - 2009 TrailBlazer/Envoy Tech > 02-09 Vortec 4.2L I-6 Engine and Drivetrain > OEM Issues

OEM Issues Original Equipment Repairs and/or Problems

TrailVoy.com is the premier GMC Envoy Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 03-15-2005, 10:28 AM

2004 Chevy TrailBlazer LS EXT
Dark Green Metallic 4.2L I6 4X4
Post GM SPECIAL POLICY - Fuel Tank Inlet Check Valve Fracture

A new special policy has sprung up involving 2002 Trailblazer EXTs and Envoy XLs regarding the above check valve fracture. CERTAIN '02s between VIN breaks [Trailblazer EXTs VIN 22442652 through 22460353 and 26100010 through 26138714] - [Envoy XLs VIN 22437217 through 22460354 and 26100018 through 26138713]. Resultant conditions can cause SES light illumination, fuel odor and/or a few droplets of fuel on the ground following fuel fill-up. This valve is located on the top of the tank above the tank full level. Correction involves fuel tank replacement. This policy is in force for 7 years or 70,000 miles, whichever occurs first, from the date the vehicle was originally placed in service. GM states a letter will be sent to owners of the involved vehicles. This is not a recall, I don't recommend a visit to the dealer unless these conditions exist. Even if the do, it may not be from this source.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-15-2005, 11:22 AM
No longer with us

Hmm... too bad they're not replacing filler necks on the regular 5-pass. envoy and TB. My '02 sometimes has trouble accepting fuel -- it causes the pump nozzle to do its auto-stop procedure. I've actually had to switch to a different pump because a given one wouldn't properly fuel the vehicle.
Old 03-15-2005, 11:48 AM

2003 Chevy TrailBlazer LT
Magnetic Red Metallic 4.2L I6 4X4
There is a fix for that, if you go to the dealership, if still under warranty, they will replace the filler neck for you under a TSB. I did it on mine and everything is fine now.

JD
Old 03-15-2005, 12:23 PM
TrailVoy Guru

2005 GMC Envoy Denali
Summit White 5.3L V8 4X4
Fuel tank

What problem to I have to have to get the General to replace my 18 gal fuel tank with the 22 gal fuel tank? (Currently I have to refill around 250 miles, but that is not a good enough problem to get the larger tank)
Old 03-15-2005, 01:16 PM

2004 Chevy TrailBlazer LS EXT
Dark Green Metallic 4.2L I6 4X4
Post Fuel Tank

The service bulletin for "fuel spit" is 04-06-04-003A. For "fuel spit", replace fuel tank fill pipe w/ PN 88983256 (2002-2003 vehicles) and fuel tank fill hose w/PN 15131046.
Old 03-15-2005, 11:43 PM
TrailVoy Alumni

2006 GMC Envoy Denali
Red Jewel Tintcoat 5.3L V8 4X4
It took me about 20 minutes to fill up my EXT in NJ with gas. They use the smog pumps. I filled up in PA until I left and had it fixed when I returned to Utah. The dealer did the TSB. As far as I know it is fixed, it shuts off the pump everytime now.
Old 03-18-2006, 01:58 PM

where did you get that special bulletin from? i've had that problem for a while now and just got off the phone with gm. they act like they've never heard of it.
Old 03-18-2006, 02:22 PM
Basic Vendor- DRL Killer

2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LS
Summit White 4.2L I6 2WD
[I]they act like they've never heard of it...[/I]

I truely believe after a few dealings with GM Chevrolet co-called customer "support" , and they DO have a file on me, is they are trained to absolutely never admit hearing or knowing of a problem or service bulletin . Keep the customer in the dark by all means, and do only what is required by law (i.e., NHTSA etc) .

I am becoming more and more disenchanted with GM because of things like this, sticking it to the customer because of design flaws. They continue to prove to me that the right hand doesn't ( or won't admit) knowing that the left is doing like there is a huge disconnect between customer support and service.
Old 03-18-2006, 02:59 PM
TrailVoy Alumni

2003 Chevy TrailBlazer LS
Black Other 2WD
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaleau
where did you get that special bulletin from? i've had that problem for a while now and just got off the phone with gm. they act like they've never heard of it.
Take a look right in here.http://www.trailvoy.com/index.php?tv=tsbs
Old 03-18-2006, 03:01 PM
TrailVoy Alumni

2004 Chevy TrailBlazer LT
Onyx Black 4.2L I6 4X4
best thing to do is actually print out the TSB and take it directly to your dealer. If you don't have the TSB, then they have never heard of it.
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
(Only letters, numbers, dashes and underscores are permitted for user names)
The user name that you choose is permanent and can never be changed.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.