hesitation - Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum

Welcome Enthusiast! If you already own a Chevy TrailBlazer or GMC Envoy or perhaps thinking of purchasing such a vehicle, then you have come to the best TrailBlazer and Envoy site on the net! Rainier, Bravada, Ascender, and 9-7x owners welcome too!

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to search and post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.
Join Today!
Go Back   Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum > 2002 - 2009 TrailBlazer/Envoy Tech > 02-09 General Tech Q&A > General

General If it doesn't fit in any other forum

TrailVoy.com is the premier GMC Envoy Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 09-13-2005, 11:15 AM

2008 Chevy TrailBlazer LT
Black Granite Metallic 4.2L I6 2WD
hesitation

I have a 2003 trailblazer 6 cyl. This suv is great and on the highway, I can get up to 23 mpg driving 70 mph. What's been bugging me is when I first start up the car, put it in drive and take off, there is a hesitation. After that, on stop & starts, there is no more hesitation until I turn it off, restart it and take off again. The computer was reprogramed but it did not help. Any suggestions?

Feb
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-13-2005, 07:21 PM
Northwest Chapter

not here not here not here
not here Other AWD
Welcome feb!

GM builds their trannys to engage the gears after approx. .5-1 second after you shift. It puzz,led me for the longest time too, but I have learned to just accept it and wait a split second before I go. Im not sure there is a fix, it is built into the transmission software, but I might be wrong.

Also, on my 02 it has seemed to be more pronounced lately, the past few months it has seemed to take just s tiny bit longer to engage than before, but I dont really pay that much attention anymore to it.
Old 09-14-2005, 08:10 AM

It's not in the transmission. I can wait for 10 seconds, give it gas and it still hesitates. It is in the initial take off. After that, I can stop, back up, put it in drive and take off with out hesitation and no waiting on the transmission.

feb
Old 09-14-2005, 10:57 AM

2003 GMC Envoy SLT
Pewter Metallic 4.2L I6 2WD
just thought i'd let u know....

mine has the same issue....hesitation at take off.

i took it to the dealer and they said that its normal, and its due to the Electronic Throttle that our cars have.
Old 09-14-2005, 11:43 AM

2003 Chevy TrailBlazer LS
Pewter draped w/ Logos 4.2L I6 4X4
I've always had the same problem on my '03. Every once in a while when I hit the gas the RMPs will drop, the truck will hesitate and then start to move. I've described it as the same feeling you get when you almost stall a manual transmission car in 1st gear. Of course the dealer was unable to replicate it, but since it hasn't caused any issues over the course of 50K miles, I too have just learned to not care about it.
Old 09-14-2005, 12:08 PM
TrailVoy Alumni

2002 GMC Envoy SLT
Summit White 4.2L I6 4X4
Funny, my '02 when new was horrible the first time I'd try to accelerate in the morning or after sitting for an extended period of time. Push the gas, feel the vehicle sort of slow and then finally surge forward. They reflashed the PCM with updated code in late 2003 and the problem went away.

Odd part is that it now does it in Park/Neutral when fully warmed up. If you touch the gas the engine sort of stubles and then revs up......guess the fix trades one for the other. - Oh well, I'm thinking that Wester's tune will straiten it all out!
Old 09-14-2005, 06:03 PM

2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LS
Summit White 4.2L I6 4X4
Odd part is that it now does it in Park/Neutral when fully warmed up. If you touch the gas the engine sort of stubles and then revs up......

Mine does the same thing ('02) when I let it runnig for a good 20 mins. so I thought it was because it's fully warm up and didn't pay too much of a attention to that.

What's mine is hers, what's hers is hers
Old 09-14-2005, 06:06 PM

cold engines do tend tohesitate more than a warm one
Old 09-15-2005, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BHawk
cold engines do tend tohesitate more than a warm one
I agree but I can turn off the engine for five minutes get back in and take off and there is still that initial hesitation on the first takeoff. Ain't that a trip?
Old 09-16-2005, 06:56 AM

My '02 Ltz does it as well, but only if I immediatly try to take off after shifting.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
(Only letters, numbers, dashes and underscores are permitted for user names)
The user name that you choose is permanent and can never be changed.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.