Memory Seats - Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum

Welcome Enthusiast! If you already own a Chevy TrailBlazer or GMC Envoy or perhaps thinking of purchasing such a vehicle, then you have come to the best TrailBlazer and Envoy site on the net! Rainier, Bravada, Ascender, and 9-7x owners welcome too!

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to search and post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.
Join Today!
Go Back   Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum > 2002 - 2009 TrailBlazer/Envoy Tech > 02-09 Appearance > Interior

Interior Interior

TrailVoy.com is the premier GMC Envoy Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 03-16-2005, 12:15 PM

Memory Seats

Has anyone had problems with the memory seats. Mine is either not working properly or I'm not programming it correctly. I have set the position for #1, but I can't set it for #2. Do I have to have the #2 key in the ignition to set #2 to seat position.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-16-2005, 01:10 PM

2003 Chevy TrailBlazer LT
Magnetic Red Metallic 4.2L I6 4X4
This is what the owner's manual says:

Adjust the driverís seat (including the seatback recliner and lumbar) and both of the outside mirrors to the desired position. Then press and hold button 1
(for driver 1) for three seconds. A double chime will sound to let you know that the position has been stored. A second mirror and seating position can be programmed by repeating the procedure with a second driver and pressing button 2 for three seconds. Each time button 1 or 2 is pressed and released while the vehicle is in PARK (P), a single chime will sound, and the memory position will be recalled.

If you use the unlock button on the remote keyless entry transmitter to enter your vehicle, the preset driverís seat and mirror positions will be recalled if programmed to do so through the Driver Information Center (DIC). The numbers on the back of the transmitters, 1 or 2, correspond to the numbers on the memory controls.

The seat and mirror positions can also be recalled by placing the key in the ignition if programmed to do so through the Driver Information Center (DIC).
To stop recall movement of the memory feature at any time, press one of the power seat controls or memory buttons. Two personalized exit positions can be set by first recalling the driverís position (by pressing 1 or 2), then positioning the seat in the desired exit position for that driver. Press and hold the button with the exit symbol for three seconds. A double chime will sound to let you know that the position has been stored. With the vehicle in PARK (P), the exit position for that driver can be recalled by pressing the exit button. The mirrors, power lumbar and recline positions will not be stored or recalled for the exit positions. If no exit position is stored, the default is all the way rearward. Further programming for automatic seat and mirror
movement can be done through the Driver Information Center (DIC). You may choose to either select or not select the following: Automatic seat and mirror movement when the vehicle is unlocked with the remote keyless entry,
automatic seat and mirror movement when a key is placed in the ignition, and
automatic seat movement to the exit position when the vehicle is in PARK (P).

Kinda long, sorry.

JD
Old 03-16-2005, 01:20 PM

2004 Chevy TrailBlazer LS EXT
Dark Green Metallic 4.2L I6 4X4
Unhappy PERSONALIZATION PROGRAMMING

WBLMN, What year is your T/B?...Some personalization features were deleted from the mid-year '05 models....
Old 03-16-2005, 01:25 PM

Sorry, I have a 2002 Envoy. I have followed the directions in the owners manual. I don't get 2 beeps when trying to program #2.
Old 03-16-2005, 06:19 PM

2004 Chevy TrailBlazer LS EXT
Dark Green Metallic 4.2L I6 4X4
RKE PERSONALIZATION

WBLMN, I'll try to help you..please answer the following questions: 1.). Was any type of repair performed to the vehicle where your personalization settings were all of a sudden lost? 2). Are both of the transmitters used on a regular basis? 3.) Does the power door lock system work completely? 4). Do both of the transmitters lock & unlock the doors?...Please post your answers and I'll try to sort this out for you.
Old 03-17-2005, 09:43 AM

No recent repair has been done, I just picked up the Envoy 2 weeks ago. The #1 remote is used more frequently, only used #2 a few times. Yes the power door locks are working like they are supposed to. Yes both transmitters work just fine.

I'm taking it back to the dealer today for them to look at it. Hopefully they will make it right since I just got it 2 weeks ago.

Thanks
Old 03-17-2005, 06:53 PM

Problem fixed. It was a bad switch. The dealer covered the costs, so all is well.
Old 03-20-2005, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04TBEXT
WBLMN, What year is your T/B?...Some personalization features were deleted from the mid-year '05 models....
You are correct about the 05's no longer having the option to automatically go to the set position on the keyfob unlock. You now have to actually press the memory button on the door to go to your set position.

Very strange to have this option removed.
Old 03-20-2005, 10:14 PM
No longer with us

Quote:
Originally Posted by XTREEME
You are correct about the 05's no longer having the option to automatically go to the set position on the keyfob unlock. You now have to actually press the memory button on the door to go to your set position.

Very strange to have this option removed.
Hey at least it won't scare the crap out of me that the seat starts moving every time you put in the key.... I went to move a friend of my mom's '04 SLT out of my way in our driveway and about thought the truck was trying to crush me!
Old 03-21-2005, 12:37 AM

Yeah, I asked about that on my 05 cause I was originally told that it worked and stuff and then they came back and said that it had been removed on the 05's, which is weird because the remotes that they give us are still labeled 1 & 2. They said that they had been having too many problems on some of the older models and it wasn't worth it anymore, so they took it out of the software. Well, I guess enough people have complained so now they are working on a newer software version for it that will allow it to work.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
(Only letters, numbers, dashes and underscores are permitted for user names)
The user name that you choose is permanent and can never be changed.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.