loud noise when accelerating...help - Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum

Welcome Enthusiast! If you already own a Chevy TrailBlazer or GMC Envoy or perhaps thinking of purchasing such a vehicle, then you have come to the best TrailBlazer and Envoy site on the net! Rainier, Bravada, Ascender, and 9-7x owners welcome too!

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to search and post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.
Join Today!
Go Back   Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum > 2006 - 2009 TrailBlazer SS Tech > 06-09 SS Engine and Drivetrain > OEM Issues

OEM Issues Original Equipment Repairs/Problems

TrailVoy.com is the premier GMC Envoy Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 01-09-2007, 10:16 AM

2006 Chevy TrailBlazer SS
Summit White 6.0L LS2 V8 2WD
loud noise when accelerating...help

well its been like a week now every time i get on the gas pedal its starts making this noise like if two metals where hitting together... something like clak clack clak clak clak clak clak clak ....something like that !!! and when i have the truck in park and revv it up i can hear it on the passanger sides wheel and underneath.... so i tought it was the torque converter since its a tci went yesterday to the transmission place i got installed on and the seperate it it from the fly wheel and it was still making that noise so we figuered it was the flywheel...so i purchased the tci flexible fly wheel and will put it in today...see if it still makes that noise ! im guessing if the noise still continues it will most likely be a piston since iam spraying a 100 shot
Advertisement

Old 01-09-2007, 10:38 AM

that's not good. Engine is probably on its way out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-09-2007, 11:02 AM

thats what im guessing that it might be the engine but whats with that motor knock everybody is talking about ?
Old 01-09-2007, 11:52 AM

if its the pistons wouldnt u hear them once the truck is on and at idle ??? u can only hear this when i accelerate it
Old 01-09-2007, 02:38 PM

how does the truck run? Does it run normal or is theri a loss of performance? Maybe a bad coil pack or something like that. You might want to pull the spark plugs on that side and take a look at them. Have you ever overrevved the engine past redline?
Old 01-09-2007, 04:34 PM
TrailVoy Guru

2003 Chevy TrailBlazer LS
Pewter Metallic 4.2L I6 2WD
hmmmmmmm
Just as an FYI...
had a 70 Monte Carlo with a 350 and 4brl carb.
when you accelerated hard, or launched hard from a stop, youd hear this loud clank clank clank clank clank, real fast.... in reverse I could burn rubber no problem.

the problem was traced to a broken engine mount.
on hard starts, the torque actually lifted the engine enough on one side that the metal fan blades hit the fan shroud.
changed the mounts.... and alls been well now for years.
Old 01-09-2007, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquiddi View Post
how does the truck run? Does it run normal or is theri a loss of performance? Maybe a bad coil pack or something like that. You might want to pull the spark plugs on that side and take a look at them. Have you ever overrevved the engine past redline?
the truck runs at its best.... and yes it passes the red line ! i think it hits the red line and a little over......maybe a bent pushrod or what ? spark plugs are good changed them yesterday to ngk tr6...they were red
Old 01-09-2007, 10:53 PM

It is it clank or a click? I have a click click that is coming from the rear of my car and the dealer said it was the Driveshaft which is geoing ot be replaced this week. If its coming from the rear, might be the same problem. If it is from the front, sorry i cant help you.
Old 01-10-2007, 12:17 AM

how loud is this? I mean is it like hitting a hammer against the side of the car or is it just a tick??
Old 01-10-2007, 12:29 AM
TrailVoy Alumni

Silverstone Metallic 6.0L LS2 V8 2WD
Quote:
Originally Posted by dv_tbss06 View Post
well its been like a week now every time i get on the gas pedal its starts making this noise like if two metals where hitting together... something like clak clack clak clak clak clak clak clak ....something like that !!! and when i have the truck in park and revv it up i can hear it on the passanger sides wheel and underneath.... so i tought it was the torque converter since its a tci went yesterday to the transmission place i got installed on and the seperate it it from the fly wheel and it was still making that noise so we figuered it was the flywheel...so i purchased the tci flexible fly wheel and will put it in today...see if it still makes that noise ! im guessing if the noise still continues it will most likely be a piston since iam spraying a 100 shot
well, Mine made that noise and it was my TCI converter.. but you say it made the noise when it was seperated? are you sure? Lifter? exhaust leak up near the manifolds? was it on the lift while it was running? 100 shot? I bet you broke a Piston then.. none of the plugs showed any damage? maybe a small crack? Saw that before on an LS1 after it was run too lean, made a noise like you're describing too..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
(Only letters, numbers, dashes and underscores are permitted for user names)
The user name that you choose is permanent and can never be changed.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.