Window won't go up! - Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum

Welcome Enthusiast! If you already own a Chevy TrailBlazer or GMC Envoy or perhaps thinking of purchasing such a vehicle, then you have come to the best TrailBlazer and Envoy site on the net! Rainier, Bravada, Ascender, and 9-7x owners welcome too!

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to search and post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.
Join Today!
Go Back   Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum > 2002 - 2009 TrailBlazer/Envoy Tech > 02-09 General Tech Q&A > General

General If it doesn't fit in any other forum

TrailVoy.com is the premier GMC Envoy Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 03-15-2007, 04:46 PM

2002 GMC Envoy SLT XL
Light Pewter Metallic 4.2L I6 2WD
Window won't go up!

02 Envoy XL SLT

So on lunch at work, I went out with a few co-workers to grab some food. My buddy sits in the back seat (middle row) on the passenger side. He puts the window down and upon arriving to the restaurant, tries to hit the switch to bring it back up, nothing!
All we hear is a click coming from the door. Tried to give it a lil "love" push while hitting the switch, it went up a good amount but it was still about 6 inches from being closed all the way. Left it alone, went inside to eat and then came back to the car and the window slid back down, not all the way, but probably 8 inches from the bottom.
Basically I can grab the window and pull it up quite a ways, but it slides back down. Still only hearing a click when I push the switch.

Any thoughts?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-15-2007, 05:23 PM
TrailVoy Guru

2003 Chevy TrailBlazer LT EXT
Onyx Black 4.2L I6 4X4
Maybe it's slipping off it's rails. One of the rould nuts that holds the window on place might be loose and causing the window to push one way, causing it to get stuck Take off the door panel (don't break the handle cover clips!) and have a look at it

THESE BIG RED LETTERS HELP ME FIND MY POST
Old 03-15-2007, 05:35 PM

2002 GMC Envoy SLT XL
I was thinking that it may have slipped off its rail, never took the door panel off before (on the Voy anyway) but I'll take a look at it tonight when I get home from work.

Any other thoughts?
Old 03-15-2007, 06:27 PM

the only way your going to know what,s broken is to remove the inter door panel. then with the switch move the window up and down. then watch ware the window malfuntion,s.
Old 03-15-2007, 07:32 PM

2002 GMC Envoy SLT XL
ok thanks, but uhhhh... window won't go up or down, thats the problem.
So like I said I'm gonna take the door panel off tonight.
Just wanted to see if anyone else has experienced this and obtain their insight about it.
Old 03-15-2007, 10:12 PM

from what you said about the window sliding back down seamed like a mechanical problem. if the windowwon,t move then first check to see if you have juice at your switch.use a test lite.even if the other window,s work it,s not a fuse but a in op. switch or wire,s i.e short,ground
Old 03-17-2007, 05:09 PM

2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LS
Victory Red 4.2L I6 2WD
I had to replace the back left regulator on mine because it did the exact same thing. I got it in at work and replaced it while on lunch, then sent the old one back for a $40 (i think) core credit after work. It's a PIMA when broken, but an easy fix. Only 80 or so dollars all in all. Not too bad of a problem.
Old 03-17-2007, 05:32 PM

2002 GMC Envoy SLT XL
SO i took the door panel off the other night. It seems the steel cable snapped inside the regulator. I also ran into this post.

http://forums.trailvoy.com/showthrea...=busted+window

BullNettles - where did you find it for $80?? I'm assuming it was $120 minus the $40 return core credit = $80 ?

Anyway, since the cable snapped I pulled it out with what slack i had left and wrapped it around the motor, just to keep the window up.
Old 03-19-2007, 12:33 PM

2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LS
Victory Red 4.2L I6 2WD
For the record, apparently it was more than 80 after core and all. Sorry about false hopes. I have an awful memory...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
(Only letters, numbers, dashes and underscores are permitted for user names)
The user name that you choose is permanent and can never be changed.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.