how to disable headlight flash when i unlock w/ remote - Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum

Welcome Enthusiast! If you already own a Chevy TrailBlazer or GMC Envoy or perhaps thinking of purchasing such a vehicle, then you have come to the best TrailBlazer and Envoy site on the net! Rainier, Bravada, Ascender, and 9-7x owners welcome too!

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to search and post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.
Join Today!
Go Back   Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum > 2002 - 2009 TrailBlazer/Envoy Tech > 02-09 General Tech Q&A > General

General If it doesn't fit in any other forum

TrailVoy.com is the premier GMC Envoy Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 03-21-2007, 04:13 PM

how to disable headlight flash when i unlock w/ remote

I dont have a DIC so i cannot use that to turn off my headlights when i use the remote to unlock. I have HIDS and I dont want my headlights to come on when i unlock the car. i am going todo the DRL killer when i have the time, is that I'll i'll need todo?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-21-2007, 04:19 PM
TrailVoy Alumni

2002 GMC Envoy SLE XL
Pewter Metallic 4.2L I6 4X4
yes get ahold of tblazed and thats all you'll need
Old 03-21-2007, 04:26 PM

2006 Chevy TrailBlazer LS
Summit White 4.2L I6 4X4
I don't want my headlights to do that either. But, what is DIC and what is HIDS ??? What do I need to do to?

Thanks all.
Old 03-21-2007, 04:34 PM
TrailVoy Alumni

2006 Chevy TrailBlazer SS
Red Jewel Tintcoat 6.0L LS2 V8 2WD
Get the DRL killer from meber Tblazed on here for about $35. This will disable the flashing lights when using remote entry and it will also disable the daytime running lights so you don't wear out your HID's prematurely.
Old 03-21-2007, 04:40 PM

2006 Chevy TrailBlazer SS
Summit White 6.0L LS2 V8 AWD
Quote:
Originally Posted by whattheheck View Post
I don't want my headlights to do that either. But, what is DIC and what is HIDS ??? What do I need to do to?

Thanks all.
DIC=Driver Information Center ( lets you control certain functions of your car using buttons on your steeringwheel and it shows up on a readout on your gauge cluster)
HID=Hight Intensity Discharge ( they are brighter than halogen bulbs usually found on your high end cars such as lexus)
Old 03-21-2007, 05:27 PM

2006 Chevy TrailBlazer LS
Summit White 4.2L I6 4X4
OHhhhhhhh. Ok, thanks.

You can tell I'm a newbie eh?
Old 03-21-2007, 06:28 PM
TrailVoy Alumni

2006 Chevy TrailBlazer LT
Summit White 4.2L I6 2WD
When you think HID, think the overbright headlights. They tend to have a bluish tint to them sometimes. Misaligned (as many are) they're unsafe since they generally blind the oncoming traffic. Properly aligned there's a decent difference (not worth the money, IMHO).
Old 03-22-2007, 08:39 AM
TrailVoy Alumni

2004 Chevy TrailBlazer LT
Silverstone Metallic 4.2L I6 4X4
Quote:
Originally Posted by APDMC6008 View Post
When you think HID, think the overbright headlights. They tend to have a bluish tint to them sometimes. Misaligned (as many are) they're unsafe since they generally blind the oncoming traffic. Properly aligned there's a decent difference (not worth the money, IMHO).
I have never, ever, not once had an oncoming driver blink his headlights to indicate he thought my lights were too bright. I have had the HIDs on for 40,000 miloes, and do a significan amount of nighttime driving on two lane roads. A properly installed HID system improves safety for the driver, without inconveniencing others. One hell of an improvement to the vehicle. Europeans have known this for years.
Old 03-22-2007, 09:09 AM

2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LS
Majestic Red Metallic 4.2L I6 2WD
Then don't come to N.J.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat View Post
I have never, ever, not once had an oncoming driver blink his headlights to indicate he thought my lights were too bright. I have had the HIDs on for 40,000 miloes, and do a significan amount of nighttime driving on two lane roads. A properly installed HID system improves safety for the driver, without inconveniencing others. One hell of an improvement to the vehicle. Europeans have known this for years.
Bearcat, don't come to New Jersey. The State Troopers just love to pull over vehicles, especially ones retrofitted with HID's, that are out of alignment. They are on the lookout for ones that (seem) overly bright or are out of alignment. After they ticket you, they will tell you to "have a nice day/night". BTW, I don't have HID's.
Old 03-22-2007, 09:14 AM
TrailVoy Alumni

2002 GMC Envoy SLE XL
Pewter Metallic 4.2L I6 4X4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Briandog1 View Post
Bearcat, don't come to New Jersey. The State Troopers just love to pull over vehicles, especially ones retrofitted with HID's, that are out of alignment. They are on the lookout for ones that (seem) overly bright or are out of alignment. After they ticket you, they will tell you to "have a nice day/night". BTW, I don't have HID's.
and thats where the good ol military card comes in play.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
(Only letters, numbers, dashes and underscores are permitted for user names)
The user name that you choose is permanent and can never be changed.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.