'07 TB LT Front Bowtie HELP! - Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum

Welcome Enthusiast! If you already own a Chevy TrailBlazer or GMC Envoy or perhaps thinking of purchasing such a vehicle, then you have come to the best TrailBlazer and Envoy site on the net! Rainier, Bravada, Ascender, and 9-7x owners welcome too!

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to search and post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.
Join Today!
Go Back   Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum > 2002 - 2009 TrailBlazer/Envoy Tech > 02-09 Appearance > Exterior

Exterior Exterior

TrailVoy.com is the premier GMC Envoy Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 03-31-2007, 04:47 PM

2007 Chevy TrailBlazer LT
Black 4.2L I6 4X4
'07 TB LT Front Bowtie HELP!

I was wondering if anyone has a 07 LT who has changed the front bowtie? I ordered a polished billet one from Empire and recieved it today went out and took the grill off and there is no way that i can see to remove the stock ugly gold bowtie. There are no bolts that i can see and if there are they are very hard to get at. I tried to use fishing line just to remove the gold like i did on the rear but i can only get through a little bit and then it seems to get stuck on something and i dont want to f-it up too much without ordering a liquid dome emblem before i break off the gold..... does anyone have suggestions?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-31-2007, 04:52 PM

2006 Chevy TrailBlazer LT
Wife's Red Jewel Tintcoat 4.2L I6 2WD
Guide here on how to remove it. Good Luck...

http://forums.trailvoy.com/articles....rticle&artid=7
Old 03-31-2007, 05:01 PM

Black 4.2L I6 4X4
that guide was helpful to remove the grill itself but that guide shows a LS grill and the 07 LT is different and there are no exposed bolts for the bowtie.....
Old 03-31-2007, 05:37 PM

Wife's Red Jewel Tintcoat 4.2L I6 2WD
I thought it was good for the 07 also.. Sorry About that... Good Luck
Old 03-31-2007, 06:08 PM
TrailVoy Alumni

Superior Blue Metallic 4.2L I6 4X4
You already pulled the grill off

I just checked the service info & it shows that the LT grill emblem is glued on like the rear...Heat it up for about 30 seconds, then use the fishing line behind the entire emblem
Old 03-31-2007, 07:02 PM

Dark Gray Metallic 4.2L I6 4X4
Well, Ive got the 06 LT and from what I can see it looks like the emblem is either clipped in the grill or molded to it. I havent had the grill off, just from what I can see when the hood is up. I've been scratching my head as to why no one has made anything to replace it yet either.

PROSPHOTO - Have you actually tried that? Or know anyone that has? Any pics? I was thinking about doing that to mine but stopped about a half inch in figuring I would get some more info but then forgot about it.
Old 03-31-2007, 09:46 PM
TrailVoy Alumni

Superior Blue Metallic 4.2L I6 4X4
Quote:
Originally Posted by TBlazin7 View Post
Have you actually tried that? Or know anyone that has? Any pics? I was thinking about doing that to mine but stopped about a half inch in figuring I would get some more info but then forgot about it.
I haven't tried it; But I got the info from GM's service info and it it shows specific service info for the LT (differentiating it from the LS & SS)

I recently ordered rear & wheel overlays from grafxwerks.com; I emailed them about doing something for our front bowties (LT's), but haven't heard back from them yet

I'll keep you posted
Old 04-01-2007, 01:18 AM
TrailVoy Guru

Zaino Shined Red Jewel 5.3L V8 4X4
I'm in the same boat. I've been wanting to replace mine with billet but nobody makes one yet. A couple guys here have painted theirs. I've thought about painting mine black since I've blacked out all the other bowties on the truck.
Old 04-01-2007, 05:49 AM

Black 4.2L I6 4X4
yeah i pulled off the grill as well as tried the fishing line to remove the gold, heated it up and everything but got through about an inch and then it seemed like there was some type of obstruction and i didnt want to mess it up and further with out having a back up option if i screwed it up so i went out and grabbed some spray paint for now and then i figure i will get a liquid dome and break off the gold and see what happens.... has anyone done this?
Old 04-01-2007, 04:40 PM

Black 4.2L I6 4X4
06-present TB LT Front Emblem

I have I have!
It's not too hard to do. I have some pics below on how I did it. So the difference is this is definitly a do-it-yourself project because it doesnt just screw off.

Things you need:

Sharp longer knife
Car spray paint
Car Clear Coat spary paint
sandpaper
bathroom sealant
newspaper

The front emblem is two pieces on the 06 and 07 TB LTs.

One part is built into the grill (silver piece) and the other is glued to the front of it (gold piece).

Pry off the gold piece by putting a sharp knife slowly behind it and cut the apoxy that is holding it to the car. Try not to bend the emblem for it will break and you will need it later.Take your time with this

Once you have the emblem off, sand the front down.

plop it on some newspaper and spray away with whatever color you desire, spray close and it will be shinier let dry ect ect wet sand if you want. Add a few more coats and a few of clear.

Take the bathroom sealant and plop some on the back of the emblem and push the emblem back onto the sliver embeded in the grill. Wipe off all the extra sealant and let dry and you are good to go!

Hope this helps

My Pics
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
(Only letters, numbers, dashes and underscores are permitted for user names)
The user name that you choose is permanent and can never be changed.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.