Under Seat Fuse Box.. How to Unlock??? - Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum

Welcome Enthusiast! If you already own a Chevy TrailBlazer or GMC Envoy or perhaps thinking of purchasing such a vehicle, then you have come to the best TrailBlazer and Envoy site on the net! Rainier, Bravada, Ascender, and 9-7x owners welcome too!

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to search and post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.
Join Today!
Go Back   Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum > 2002 - 2009 TrailBlazer/Envoy Tech > 02-09 Appearance > Interior

Interior Interior

TrailVoy.com is the premier GMC Envoy Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 11-04-2005, 12:38 PM

Question Under Seat Fuse Box.. How to Unlock???

Purchased a 05 TB EXT about a month ago and I am so glad I found this site. Was parusing it prior to purchase and it is full of usefull info and help. Speaking of help I am a newb to this forum and the TB, so bare with me on this question. How in the blibbity bleep do you access (unlock) the underseat fuse panel in the EXT(assuming st is same type box) under the second row seat. I consider myself above average on the mech. inclined scale but these little unlock tabs have got me stumped. I see the nice molded unlock graphic on the top of the box, but it does not describe action and of course the owners manual says nothing on this topic. I spent about 5 min trying to open and would hate to be in a emergency situation and have to change some fuses and end up ripping the box out... all I want to do is a clean hookup for a ac inverter. Thanks in advance..... and again this site rocks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-04-2005, 12:51 PM
TrailVoy Guru

2006 Chevy TrailBlazer SS (LT)
White 402ci Other AWD
there are holes in the outer cover where the latches below hold onto the cover. as long as all the cover is pulled off of all the latches it will just lift off. you may just be having an issue with one latch going back on as you try and pull out the other. try using a couple of screwdrivers.
hope this helps!
Old 11-04-2005, 04:29 PM
Northwest Chapter

not here not here not here
not here Other AWD
What I do is put my left hand under the forward facing side in the cutout while putting my right hand in the cutout on the drivers side. Pull out gently on the forward facing panel and then do the same on the outer (drivers) side one. Then, reach around to the passengers side and pull that one out as well. Lift it off toward the rear, and disengage the rear part and then lift the entire box off. Then, to get to the fuses, squeeze the clips at either end of the black panel (they are marked with arrows) and pull off the cover. The fuse diagram is on the cover of the entire thing (interior colormatched part).

Hope this helps!
Old 11-05-2005, 12:21 AM
TrailVoy Alumni

Black & Stl Blue Metallic AWD
Welcome to the site Pauli!
Old 11-05-2005, 12:51 AM

Hmmm... thanks for the help but maybe there is a difference between the st fusebox setup and the one on the EXT from reply explanations above it sounds so. I have not got a chance to tinker with since advice but the fuse panel on this rig has two little black nipple shaped pieces towards the aft of the box. Looks like all other sides are not attached and once back end nipple retainers are open the panel top should come right off? Sorry did not think this would be such a tough one, what a way to start out my forum debut, not being able to open a fuse panel.. UGH
Old 11-05-2005, 03:21 AM
Northwest Chapter

not here Other AWD
I dont think so, but my previous explanation was a little too complicated now that I look back.

I did it again just to see how I really did it. I pulled the back off first, then the front, and then the passengers side and removed it via the drivers side. Pull the sides out from the fuse box to disengage the nubs, and it comes right off!

BTW, Welcome to the site!
Old 11-06-2005, 01:39 AM

Well got the cover off.... The little black nipple devices on the aft of the box are the only thing holding plastic trim color lid on. They look like little plastic anchor bolts. Once the center is pulled out it releases pressure on inside and lets you pull out plastic piece. This is kind of a akward setup GM has, as I imagine there is no way of pulling the piece out w/o a pair of needle nose pliers?????
Old 11-06-2005, 06:00 AM
TrailVoy Guru

2006 Chevy TrailBlazer SS (LT)
White 402ci Other AWD
maybe it just needs to be loosened once, or maybe its just experience, but it is easier doing it after the first time. I can remove it with only my hands
Old 11-07-2005, 09:47 PM

the fuse block cover is different in the long wheelbase models. the cover is held in place by those 2 push-in retainers that you mentioned. I usually use a pair of side cutters to pull out the center of the retainers to release them.
Old 11-08-2005, 08:53 PM
Northwest Chapter

not here Other AWD
Quote:
Originally Posted by autotech
the fuse block cover is different in the long wheelbase models. the cover is held in place by those 2 push-in retainers that you mentioned. I usually use a pair of side cutters to pull out the center of the retainers to release them.
Ohh, thats why my little description doesnt work on the EXT/XL models... Thanks for telling me that!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
(Only letters, numbers, dashes and underscores are permitted for user names)
The user name that you choose is permanent and can never be changed.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.