4WD Indicator Lights Flashing... - Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum

Welcome Enthusiast! If you already own a Chevy TrailBlazer or GMC Envoy or perhaps thinking of purchasing such a vehicle, then you have come to the best TrailBlazer and Envoy site on the net! Rainier, Bravada, Ascender, and 9-7x owners welcome too!

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to search and post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.
Join Today!
Go Back   Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum > 2002 - 2009 TrailBlazer/Envoy Tech > 02-09 Vortec 4.2L I-6 Engine and Drivetrain > 4x4 Drivetrain

4x4 Drivetrain 4x4 Repairs & Problems

TrailVoy.com is the premier GMC Envoy Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 05-12-2007, 08:41 PM

2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LTZ
Black 4.2L I6 4X4
4WD Indicator Lights Flashing...

My 02 isn't a daily driver so it does sit occasionally for a week or two at a time without being driven... Yesterday, I drove it and did my normal routine, start vehicle, idle in park while I walk to the end of the street for my mail...

I come back and the vehicle must have been running for about 3-5 minutes when I notice that all the indicators for the 4WD switch are flashing and the N indicator is lit solid...

I looked at it for a minute or so before trying the switch to see if it would help, which it did after I switched from 2HI to A4WD and back... It took a little bit, but seemed to work...

Anyone seen this one before??? Stuck actuator maybe??? I was thinking that maybe these vehicles might cycle the actuator for the transfer case on startup as a diagnositic... Is this possibly what I saw trying to happen???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-12-2007, 10:08 PM

2005 Chevy TrailBlazer LS EXT
Graystone Metallic 4.2L I6 2WD
I had the exact same problem with my 2003 TrailBlazer LS 4.2L I6 4x4, which is the vehicle I drove every day before getting the 2005 I have now. I took it in for service and they had to replace that switch there on the instrument panel. Service advisor told me that they had replaced quite a few of these at that time, which was around December of 2004. On mine, the lights would flutter between 2WD and 4WD. After the 4WD light would stay on for a few seconds, the 4WD would actually engage. I wish I could provide you with the actual part number off the service order (it was repaired under warranty), but I threw all of that away when I bought my new '05.
Old 05-13-2007, 01:36 AM
TrailVoy Alumni

2006 GMC Envoy SLE
Cranberry Red Metallic 4.2L I6 4X4
yes a very common problem
Old 05-13-2007, 06:33 PM

Black 4.2L I6 4X4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Envoyguy05 View Post
yes a very common problem
Really??? I did a search before I posted and it didn't provide much...

So, fix, leave alone, bad switch, bad actuator??? Someone throw me a bone here...
Old 05-14-2007, 02:40 AM

2005 Chevy TrailBlazer LS EXT
Graystone Metallic 4.2L I6 2WD
My problem was a bad switch. I would take it to a Chevy dealer and have them repair it. I did not like the idea of it putting unnecessary wear by cycling back and forth all of the time. Now, mine was under warranty, but I would still have it repaired if I were you.

Just my 2 cents!

Old 05-14-2007, 04:10 AM

Onyx Black 4.2L I6 AWD
It may be a problem of soldering.
Old 05-14-2007, 06:09 AM
TrailVoy Alumni

2005 Chevy TrailBlazer LS
4.2L I6 4X4
Wow! Nice pic AKIRA! What a horrible design that board is. You would be better off breaking the circuits too close to the pins and soldering jumper wires in, provided there is enough room.

Joel
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
(Only letters, numbers, dashes and underscores are permitted for user names)
The user name that you choose is permanent and can never be changed.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.