Service Airbag Light? - Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum

Welcome Enthusiast! If you already own a Chevy TrailBlazer or GMC Envoy or perhaps thinking of purchasing such a vehicle, then you have come to the best TrailBlazer and Envoy site on the net! Rainier, Bravada, Ascender, and 9-7x owners welcome too!

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to search and post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.
Join Today!
Go Back   Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum > 2002 - 2009 TrailBlazer/Envoy Tech > 02-09 General Tech Q&A > General

General If it doesn't fit in any other forum

TrailVoy.com is the premier GMC Envoy Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 06-16-2007, 03:57 PM

2005 GMC Envoy SLT
Onyx Black 4.2L I6 2WD
Service Airbag Light?

just today my "service airbag" light came on. This is not the first time. last year it was doing the same thing so i took it to the dealer. They said whoever installed the stereo system did something to make that airbag wire chaffe and it shorted, so the light came on. Well, now its doing it again. i might try to find that wire myself. anyone have any suggestions?? need help
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-16-2007, 08:18 PM

2002 GMC Envoy SLT
Medium Red Metallic 4.2L I6 4X4
I dunno what it is but it happened to me not too long back..it only lasted bout a day n i still have a stock radio so i dont think that would be the problem. let me know if you find an answer
Old 06-16-2007, 09:24 PM

2005 GMC Envoy SLT
Onyx Black 4.2L I6 2WD
well, it just started again today so we'll see if it goes out tomorrow, but see the dealer said a wire was chaffed, they fixd the wire, charged me 80$ with reciepts saying the stereo installer did it, so i took it to best buy and they reimbursed me the 80$... ... and now its doing it again?!?
Old 06-18-2007, 11:48 AM

2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LTZ
Pewter Metallic 4.2L I6 4X4
if you cant find the wire problem probably the sensor. i bought my 2002 ltz at the dealer last year and it was doing the same thing they fixed it and have not had a problem since
Old 06-18-2007, 12:50 PM
TrailVoy Guru

2003 Chevy TrailBlazer LS
Pewter Metallic 4.2L I6 2WD
some TV owners- including myself- find that occasionally we move the seat back and forth- and then the light comes on.
shutting engine off. and sliding or fumbling the connector under the seat will cause the light to go out upon restart of TV.
Mines done it several times. always after having moved the seat
Old 07-02-2007, 11:13 PM

Indigo Blue Metallic 4.2L I6 2WD
airbag seatbelt light 2002 LTZ

I had the same problem airbag/seatbelt light. It was not on all the time I finally got fed up. Trip to the dealer first time for me It was the air bag module under the center console. $300 part plus labor $575 later. So far so good its been 2 weeks. This is my first problem 75K so far.

Tom T.
Old 07-03-2007, 04:45 AM

2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT
Black 4.2L I6 4X4
I have the same problem(2002 TrailBlazer), dealer said SDM has to be replace (airbag modulator ? is this the SDM he is talking about?) what is SDM?? he said wires has been damaged? what !!!! how they got damaged I said, by moving the seat? He said he needs $500.00 + to fix it. Need to replace this SDM myself, if you know the location of this baby please post it, thx.
Old 07-03-2007, 11:54 PM

Indigo Blue Metallic 4.2L I6 2WD
Talking airbag seatbelt light 2002 LTZ

Send your e-mail adress I'll send you the page out of my manual. I think its the same part your talking about. I found the part online for $227 . After i got back fom the dealer.I just googled gm parts. Its gm # 12233969 MY e-mail is [email]Thom1519@msn.com

Tom T
Old 07-04-2007, 02:59 PM

2002 GMC Envoy SLT
Medium Red Metallic 4.2L I6 4X4
well it happened again last night. this is weird but it seems to happen right after i get a car wash.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
(Only letters, numbers, dashes and underscores are permitted for user names)
The user name that you choose is permanent and can never be changed.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.