CD stuck inside 6 disc HU - Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum

Welcome Enthusiast! If you already own a Chevy TrailBlazer or GMC Envoy or perhaps thinking of purchasing such a vehicle, then you have come to the best TrailBlazer and Envoy site on the net! Rainier, Bravada, Ascender, and 9-7x owners welcome too!

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to search and post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.
Join Today!
Go Back   Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum > General TrailVoy Discussion > Audio and Electronics

Audio and Electronics Discuss car audio, video, navigation, alarms, and other electronics here.

TrailVoy.com is the premier GMC Envoy Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 08-16-2007, 03:01 PM

2003 Chevy TrailBlazer LTZ
Charcoal Grey Metalic 4.2L I6 4X4
CD stuck inside 6 disc HU

I have a 2003 TB LTZ with a 6 CD HU. One of my CD's has become stuck and none of them will play or eject. I have seen the posts regarding removing the dash and the HU. Has anyone else had this problem? Can you open up the HU to free the jammed disc? Any help with this is much apreciated!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-16-2007, 04:39 PM

2003 GMC Envoy SLT XL
Pewter Metallic 5.3L V8 4X4
I had the same issue with my Bose 6-Disc a few years ago. It was under warranty at the time so I just brought it into the dealership. IDEALLY, they just swap out your jammed deck for an identical one, send your old one out to their service center to have the disc removed and mailed back to you. I would take it to the dealer and see what your options are, there may still be some sort of warranty covering your head unit.

Like I said, IDEALLY that's what happens... well... my truck just wouldn't play nice with the new head unit. They couldn't get it to cooperate with the truck, and because onstar, door chimes, ect all run through it, it's kind of important. They ended up trying out 17 different head units, none of which would properly calibrate to my vehicle. Over the course of 4 weeks, the dealership spent 70 hours of labor working on this issue, and even had to call in a GM field engineer! I think the end solution was to get a head unit out of another '03 Envoy like mine, or they had my original fixed and returned... either way, it was a huge headache considering it was supposed to be such a minor issue. Good luck with yours, hopefully your truck plays well with others!
Old 08-16-2007, 07:20 PM

Yikes! You are scaring me!
Old 08-20-2007, 05:06 PM

In case anyone is interested. I revoved the HU as outlined here http://forums.trailvoy.com/showthread.php?t=6459 Once I had the radio out I removed the top cover by removing one 5mm screw and lifting it up with a small flat screwdriver where there are access points, you will see these if you look at the unit. After that i could see the CD player. I removed the CD player by first removing the plastic face, there are aproximately 8 - 10 plastic clips holding it on. Once this is off you will see two 5mm screws holding the player in the front as well as 2 in the back. You must also remove a white plastic connector from the printed circuit below the player. Once they are removed the player comes out easily by slowly turning the unit upside down. Once the player is out I removed a side of it by removing 3 small phillips screws, one of them being on the top of the player. After taking this of I was able to raise the CD holder part by removing 5 more small phillips screws from the top of the player, you can see which they are easily. After I was able to slide the CD's out of the player, this takes some patience and care. Once I had removed all of the discs I put the player back together in reverse order. Once installed again the player works fine and I was able to load and unload 6 discs without any trouble and my player is working fine. If I can do this anyone can so if you find yourself with the same problem I'd suggest you try.
Old 08-20-2007, 05:14 PM

2004 Chevy TrailBlazer LS EXT
Steel Gray Metallic 4.2L I6 2WD
if you can see the cd you can use a paperclip ...straightening it out completely and then just make a curve at one end, a very small one so that you can insert it into the center of the cd ...
Old 08-20-2007, 05:34 PM

2006 Chevy TrailBlazer SS
Red Jewel Tintcoat 6.0L LS2 V8 AWD
This has happened to me twice. The first time I was able to retrieve all six compact discs. The second time I was able to retrieve only two compact discs. The dealer replaced the unit under warranty and was unable to retrieve the other four compact discs. The dealer told me that when they return the defective unit to GM or whoever, the compact discs will be retrieved and returned to me. No surprise, I'm still waiting and it's been about nine months.

Vizsla1822
red jewel tintcoat SS
Old 08-21-2007, 05:54 AM

I'd be just as pissed off about losing the discs as the player. I had one disc in there that would be next to impossible to replace. What discs are you missing Viz? Perhaps members in you area could send you a copy? If I have them in my collection I can send them from Canada.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
(Only letters, numbers, dashes and underscores are permitted for user names)
The user name that you choose is permanent and can never be changed.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.