blower motor resistor - Page 2 - Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum

Welcome Enthusiast! If you already own a Chevy TrailBlazer or GMC Envoy or perhaps thinking of purchasing such a vehicle, then you have come to the best TrailBlazer and Envoy site on the net! Rainier, Bravada, Ascender, and 9-7x owners welcome too!

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to search and post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.
Join Today!
Go Back   Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum > 2002 - 2009 TrailBlazer/Envoy Tech > 02-09 General Tech Q&A > General

General If it doesn't fit in any other forum

TrailVoy.com is the premier GMC Envoy Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 11-14-2007, 01:00 PM

2003 Chevy TrailBlazer LT EXT
Sandalwood Metallic 4.2L I6 4X4
Quote:
Originally Posted by blownv6 View Post

I just fixed mine this afternoon. It would BARELY blow any air from any position on my AUTOMATIC HVAC. Once in a blue moon it would kick on and blow, and then stay on 10 minutes after I stopped. Killed my original battery that way. I bought mine at the stealership for $109 Tax included, and it literally took 10 minutes to do. Now everything works perfect. Just in time for the COLD season!
I am having the same trouble with my Auto HVAC. The blower seems to be stuck on the lowest setting and occasionally it would kick on for a few minutes.

My question is did you replace the blower MODULE or the blower RESISTER or both? By the amount you paid, I would assume the module.

Should I even try to replace the blower resister first? Or just spend the money and replace the module? Or are they totally separate assemblies?

I tried resetting the unit by removing HVAC B fuse for 10 sec trick, and I also tried unplugging the blower Resistor for 15 secs. Neither trick had any effect.

EDIT: I pulled off the panel under the passenger side dash. It looks like the resister (A) and the blower module (B) are separate, correct?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-14-2007, 05:54 PM
TrailVoy Guru

2009 Chevy Avalanche LTZ
Black 5.3L V8 4X4
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToesTrailBlazer View Post
My question is did you replace the blower MODULE or the blower RESISTER or both? By the amount you paid, I would assume the module.

EDIT: I pulled off the panel under the passenger side dash. It looks like the resister (A) and the blower module (B) are separate, correct?

Toes, u can not have both. The manual HVAC uses the resistor, the auto box uses the module. You have the module. They do the same thing, of course the module has some smarts and the resistor is just that.
Old 11-14-2007, 06:26 PM

Ok, I understand now.

So, in the pic earlier, is the 'module' A or B or both?

Thanks for the help guys.

- Toe
Old 11-14-2007, 09:30 PM

2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LS
Black 4.2L I6 4X4
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToesTrailBlazer View Post
Ok, I understand now.

So, in the pic earlier, is the 'module' A or B or both?

Thanks for the help guys.

- Toe
"A" is the module, "B" is the blower motor itself. In my post you can see what the resistor pack looks like (not the module like you have, but in the same location.
Old 11-15-2007, 11:46 AM

Thanks everyone for your help. I ordered the module from parts4chevys.com - $71.45 (including shipping). Before I did I called around to a few auto parts dealers to see if they carried it. I was surprised on how many wanted to correct me on the word "module" for the word "Resistor". It appears that most of them carried the resistors, but none of them carried the modules. The only parts store to carry the module was the dealership - $103.38 (plus tax).

Now I have to wait until my module comes in... weather forecasts call for mids 20's (F) for the highs mid week next week. I sure hope I get it in before then!
Old 01-19-2008, 07:00 PM

2003 GMC Envoy SLT
Indigo Blue Metallic 4.2L I6 4X4
My First Post - just a quick thank you to all of you who post here. It really helps those of us not so knowledgeable. In this thread, I had the same issue of a blower not working. I educated myself here first, then went to Autozone. They said the correct part was the resistor - not the module. I showed them the one I'd taken out of my '03 Envoy - not a match. They could order one for $99.00.

I took the suggestion by another member here and went to Parts4chevys.com. Got the module for about $80, and the special they were running for TrailVoy (10% discount in January) will pay for the shipping charges. Way cool.

..now if it only works when it gets here.

Anyway, thanks again!
Old 01-19-2008, 07:17 PM

2004 GMC Envoy SLE
Carbon Metallic 4.2L I6 4X4
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by rfarrah View Post
My First Post - just a quick thank you to all of you who post here. It really helps those of us not so knowledgeable. In this thread, I had the same issue of a blower not working. I educated myself here first, then went to Autozone. They said the correct part was the resistor - not the module. I showed them the one I'd taken out of my '03 Envoy - not a match. They could order one for $99.00.

I took the suggestion by another member here and went to Parts4chevys.com. Got the module for about $80, and the special they were running for TrailVoy (10% discount in January) will pay for the shipping charges. Way cool.

..now if it only works when it gets here.

Anyway, thanks again!
The module is for the auto climate control and the resistor is for the manual climate. Partsforchevy does not list the resistor for the envoy only the module. I had to look for it under the trailblazer. I've used partsforchevy a few time and was not really impressed(slow shipping and slow response to emails.).
Old 01-28-2008, 10:21 PM

2003 GMC Envoy SLT
Indigo Blue Metallic 4.2L I6 4X4
Quote:
Originally Posted by 800gofast View Post
The module is for the auto climate control and the resistor is for the manual climate. Partsforchevy does not list the resistor for the envoy only the module. I had to look for it under the trailblazer. I've used partsforchevy a few time and was not really impressed(slow shipping and slow response to emails.).
Update: They were a little slow to ship, but I had the part within 5 days, so it's hard to complain. The part wasn't EXACTLY the same, but all the plugs were correct and it fit. Best of all (so far) it works.

Thanks again to all who contributed.
Old 01-19-2009, 01:38 AM

2002 GMC Envoy SLE
Sand Beige Metallic 4.2L I6 4X4
I've had a problem with 1-3 but 4 and 5 on my blower controls for the past couple of weeks. It's awesome to have this site as a resource to just plug it in and everyone chimes in with most all possible solutions. I LOVE THIS PLACE!!!!
Old 02-26-2009, 11:55 AM

2005 Chevy TrailBlazer LT
Graphite Metallic 4.2L I6 4X4
What is the part number for the parts4chevy.com for the automatic heater controls (I believe I need the module) for an 05 TB LT? I would like to make sure I order the correct thing.

Thanks for the help!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
(Only letters, numbers, dashes and underscores are permitted for user names)
The user name that you choose is permanent and can never be changed.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.