Tires for my Envoy Denali...Recomendations? - Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum

Welcome Enthusiast! If you already own a Chevy TrailBlazer or GMC Envoy or perhaps thinking of purchasing such a vehicle, then you have come to the best TrailBlazer and Envoy site on the net! Rainier, Bravada, Ascender, and 9-7x owners welcome too!

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to search and post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.
Join Today!
Go Back   Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum > 2002 - 2009 TrailBlazer/Envoy Tech > 02-09 Brakes, Suspension, Wheels and Tires > Tires

Tires Tires

TrailVoy.com is the premier GMC Envoy Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 12-18-2007, 08:51 AM

2006 GMC Envoy Denali
Liquid Silver Metallic 5.3L V8 4X4
Tires for my Envoy Denali...Recomendations?

I have an 06 Envoy Denali with the GoodYear Fortera (P245/60R18) tires with 22K miles and they are already going bald. I spoke to my service center and they tell me that they are soft times and the wear is normal. I disagree and think I might go to a GoodYear to see about warranty. But in the mean time, can I get some recomendation for tires from other owners? And have you experienced high wear problems with your Fortera tires?

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-18-2007, 09:27 AM
TrailVoy Guru

2006 Chevy TrailBlazer LT
Zaino Shined Red Jewel 5.3L V8 4X4
My . I've NEVER had good experiences with GoodYear tires. They're overpriced and don't last worth a sh*t. I've seen the Forteras and personally I wouldn't even consider them.

IIRC, there aren't many choices in your size. I know this because I was looking at tire options for 18" wheels once.
Old 12-18-2007, 09:44 AM

2003 Chevy TrailBlazer LT
Summit White 4.2L I6 4X4
I worked for Goodyear for 15 yrs. retail outlets ....
Call Goodyear customer assistance ... they will send you to and authorized dealer to have the tires inspected for wear etc....
They normally have a 60k of 70k warranty .... they will stand behind their product and give you a warranty consideration .. looks like you will have at least 50-65% credit towards another purchase.. let's just hope the tire dealer will want to do the paper work etc.... do you have any company owned outlets near you ?? (will have Gemini on the name) you'll have better luck at a company owned store .. the goodyear rep. will probably have a recommendation for you.
Old 12-18-2007, 09:58 AM

2002 GMC Envoy SLE
Indigo Blue Metallic 4.2L I6 4X4
I've got an '02 Envoy SLE, and had a set of Bridgestone Dueler H/L Alenza tires put on about 8 months ago. They offer a great ride, excellent traction in the wet, and decent traction in the snow (if the A4WD is engaged). I really like these tires, and they compare to the Forteras (according to Tire Rack) Just my 2cents.
Old 12-18-2007, 10:17 AM
TrailVoy Alumni

2004 Chevy TrailBlazer LT
Silverstone Metallic 4.2L I6 4X4
I recommend Michelin Cross Terrain SUV's for good wet/snow/road use. Don't know about availability in 18" though.
Old 12-18-2007, 08:00 PM

2006 GMC Envoy SLE
Liquid Silver Metallic 4.2L I6 2WD
These forteras are crap I have 15K and the are almost shot. They are noisy and have no wet traction left. Probably going to replace them soon but dont think I should have to buy new tires at 15K.
Old 01-06-2008, 08:39 PM

2004 Buick Rainier
Black 4.2L I6 AWD
Quote:
Originally Posted by crash2e View Post
I've got an '02 Envoy SLE, and had a set of Bridgestone Dueler H/L Alenza tires put on about 8 months ago. They offer a great ride, excellent traction in the wet, and decent traction in the snow (if the A4WD is engaged). I really like these tires, and they compare to the Forteras (according to Tire Rack) Just my 2cents.
I also have these on my Rainier and my Silverado. My brother runs them on his Suburban and his Ram pickup. They are a great tire!
Old 01-06-2008, 09:11 PM
TrailVoy Alumni

2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LTZ
Red Jewel Tintcoat 4.2L I6 4X4
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyraider56 View Post
I have an 06 Envoy Denali with the GoodYear Fortera (P245/60R18) tires with 22K miles and they are already going bald. I spoke to my service center and they tell me that they are soft times and the wear is normal. I disagree and think I might go to a GoodYear to see about warranty. But in the mean time, can I get some recomendation for tires from other owners? And have you experienced high wear problems with your Fortera tires?

Thanks!
I put Fortera's on my '02 TB LTZ, and although I thought the wear wasn't good (only got 45,000 from them, but 60,000 on original BF Goodrich's) they WERE a quiet, good handling tire.

I have since put a set of Yokohama Geolander's on, and like them a lot. Good in rain, snow, dry, and wear seems good too. The Bridgestone Dueler H/L Alenza are good tires too...I wouldn't hesitate using either of these.

Just my from experience.
Old 01-06-2008, 09:17 PM
TrailVoy Alumni

2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LTZ
Red Jewel Tintcoat 4.2L I6 4X4
Quote:
Originally Posted by 06voy View Post
These forteras are crap I have 15K and the are almost shot. They are noisy and have no wet traction left. Probably going to replace them soon but dont think I should have to buy new tires at 15K.
Personally, 06VOY, if you only got 15K on those tires, I think there are other problems (air pressure, alignment, very aggressive driving style?). The worst tire going should get more than that in normal use.

Like I said above, I had the Fortera's on my TB, and got 45K.
Old 01-06-2008, 11:25 PM

2002 GMC Envoy SLT
Indigo Blue Metallic 4.2L I6 4X4
Stay away from Goodyear tires, We run them on our cruisers(05-07 Ford Explorers) and we have to replace them every 10-15k miles. We patrol strictly Port Authority property-No Highways, Hot pursuits etc. We have a contract with Ford and Goodyear so we have to deal with it. I personally like Yokohama and Michelin, however I bought my Envoy 3 years ago with new Bridgetown Duelers H/T and they have kept up very well(30k miles). Just my 2 cents.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
(Only letters, numbers, dashes and underscores are permitted for user names)
The user name that you choose is permanent and can never be changed.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.