2004 Envoy radio removal - Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum

Welcome Enthusiast! If you already own a Chevy TrailBlazer or GMC Envoy or perhaps thinking of purchasing such a vehicle, then you have come to the best TrailBlazer and Envoy site on the net! Rainier, Bravada, Ascender, and 9-7x owners welcome too!

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to search and post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.
Join Today!
Go Back   Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum > General TrailVoy Discussion > Audio and Electronics

Audio and Electronics Discuss car audio, video, navigation, alarms, and other electronics here.

TrailVoy.com is the premier GMC Envoy Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 01-10-2008, 12:55 PM

2004 GMC Envoy SLT
Medium Sage Green Metallic 4.2L I6 4X4
2004 Envoy radio removal

Hey, I did search and couldn't come up with a thread that had this info without a dead link. So, if you could give me tips on how to remove radio from a 2004 envoy....I would appreciate it greatly. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-10-2008, 02:17 PM
TrailVoy Alumni

2002 GMC Envoy SLT
Rock-Chipped Burgundy 4.2L I6 4X4
Sorry for the delayed reply, i am still lookin on the internet to find some envoy pics, if ican get some i will be able to tell you, the links we used to have for the dash removal are dead, so someone might wanna work on that, I'll let jman or warren know about it, other then that I am lookin for ya man, unless someone with an envoy can chime in, I just dont wanna say something I'm not 100% on as I have a TB and not a voy, they shoudl be similar, but i dont know about minor differences.
Old 01-10-2008, 03:06 PM

2004 GMC Envoy SLT
Liquid Silver Metallic 4.2L I6 4X4
There are four screws ( two on each side ) on the carpet below the A/C controls and in front of center console, kinda hard to get out once unscrewed, then there are two small screws holding the face trim on at the very bottom and the rest is just popped in. I will post some pictures when I get home.
Old 01-10-2008, 03:07 PM

2003 GMC Envoy SLE
Indigo Blue Metallic 4.2L I6 4X4
Screws each side in the carpet area. then remove the plastic to expose two screws below where the heater knobs are. Then pop the vents and all off. A little force needed.
Old 01-10-2008, 03:07 PM
TrailVoy Guru

2005 GMC Envoy Denali
Summit White 5.3L V8 4X4
When I removed my radio, it was necessary to remove the console to get to the two bottom screws that hold the trim surrounding the radio. A GMC tech told me a short cut way. At the top of the trim piece, above the AC outlets put a slender object such as a wide blade screw driver (use a rag, etc, so nothing gets scratched) and pry the trim piece loose (it comes forward toward you). He said it will come forward enough that you don't have to remove the two screws at the bottom. With the trim piece forward, you can then access the three screws that hold the head unit in.

Caution, I have not tried this, just relaying what the tech said. He said he had done over 30 this way with no mishaps. Not responsible if you eff something up.

Old 01-10-2008, 03:08 PM

2004 GMC Envoy SLT
Liquid Silver Metallic 4.2L I6 4X4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Envoy Fan View Post

Caution, I have not tried this, just relaying what the tech said. He said he had done over 30 this way with no mishaps. Not responsible if you eff something up.

I tried this and didnt workout. So I wouldnt recommend this....
Old 01-10-2008, 03:29 PM

2004 GMC Envoy SLT
Thanks for all the responses, I'll still take any pics if anyone's got em. My wife has it right now, so I'm hoping to dive in later tonight. I'll post my experience when done as well...
Old 01-10-2008, 04:09 PM
TrailVoy Guru

2005 GMC Envoy Denali
Summit White 5.3L V8 4X4
Here's a pic of the backside of the trim piece. You can see the clips that hold it and the screw holes at the bottom.

Old 01-10-2008, 09:59 PM

2004 GMC Envoy SLT
Awesome, thanks all. I just got done with the project. I picked up a USA Spec aux interface for $10 on clearance from CC along with a $10 mount for the ipod and it all works together great. For the money spent I'm very happy with this install.....and the pics and descriptions here made the job pretty painless...thanks again.
Old 01-11-2008, 12:10 AM
TrailVoy Guru

2005 GMC Envoy Denali
Summit White 5.3L V8 4X4
Quote:
Originally Posted by washking View Post
Awesome, thanks all. I just got done with the project. I picked up a USA Spec aux interface for $10 on clearance from CC along with a $10 mount for the ipod and it all works together great. For the money spent I'm very happy with this install.....and the pics and descriptions here made the job pretty painless...thanks again.
So, which way did you end up doing the project? Taking the screws out at the bottom of the panel, or taking the panel out from the top?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
(Only letters, numbers, dashes and underscores are permitted for user names)
The user name that you choose is permanent and can never be changed.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.