Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

'07 trailblazer lt

5K views 22 replies 8 participants last post by  martha414 
#1 ·
I am having trouble with crub view mirror. started out tire pressure sensors. says to low. serviceman "reset" sensors. then my crub view mirror disapeared they cheverlot said i never had it on my vechile. wrong i did until they did what ever they did. I have had this tb 4 months have had in service 10 times in this 4 months not very happy with chevy right now.......has any one else had this problem.... thanks

#5 ·
I'm sorry, DIC? the temp 40's - 50's tire sensor said 26. accutal front tire's 30 back tires 35. so after 4 trip' to service. they said they were having a lot of problems with the trailblazers and luminas with the tire pressue issues and chevelot said no they weren't. I told them you are now.....If you let me know what DIC is i will let you know......new at this...

#7 ·
The tire pressure monitors are getting popular. 06-07 was optional- 08 I think its mandatory.
But the low pressure is related to the cold weather. There is a Technical service bulleting (TSB) out for that. especially if youre in cold weather territory. You will be seeing this light.
Many times it goes away once you drive for a while and the tire heats back up. simply air contracting and expanding.
Now- the manual and the door pillar says- CHECK AIR WITH COLD TIRES. why? cause many people check the air after theyve been on the road for a while- by then- the tire has expanded and shows proper level but its a false reading- cause once its cold- its going to go back down.........
CHECK WHEN COLD- thats when the air is contracted. Fill the tire to the proper level. this way if temps remain the same (cold) it will contract and still be in the proper air level.
Also- if you dont have one- buy a quality air pressure gauge.... not some cheap 99 cent one.... be wary of the air pressure gauges at gas stations- those get banged up and run over.. so dont trust them.
if after youve filled your tire to the proper level when cold, and still get the low tire pressure warning- and youve verified with a quality gauge- then its time to get service....

what other things have caused the vehicle to be taken for service?

#8 ·
Well, I'm gonna have to keep an eye on mine for a while. Mine would shoot off even when it didn't get very cold (mid 50's). And when I checked the pressure, they were spot on where they should be. I just recently put some air in, and they are a pound or two over. I'm just experimenting here. But I haven't driven it yet so I can't test it. Anyway, I'll be watching.

#18 ·
VIN 1GNDT13S772185634
VEHICLE BUILD
Merchandising Model : CT15506 -2007 TRAILBLAZER LT 4WD
Gross Vehicle Weight Rating : 2611 kg (5757 lb) Order Number : KNCG1R
Build Date : 11/16/2006 Build Plant : 17206

OPTION CODES
AAB - MEMORY DRIVER CONVENIENCE PKG
AJ1 - GLASS, DEEP TINTED
AK5 - DUAL STAGE FRONT AIR BAGS
AL0 - SENSOR INF RESTR, CHILD DETECT
AM9 - 65/35 FOLDING 2ND ROW SEAT
AR9 - FRT BUCKET SEAT, DELUXE
AT8 - RESTRAINT PROVISIONS CHILD, RR SEAT, RR FACING
AU0 - REMOTE KEYLESS ENTRY
AXP - MPV VIN IDENT POSITION
BQ2 - AVIS RENT A CAR
B30 - FULL CARPET-COLOR KEYED
B32 - FLOOR MATS, FRONT/REAR
B33 - REAR COLOR KEYED FLOOR MATS
B42 - REVERSIBLE CARGO MAT
B8V - GM PRODUCTION WEEK #46
B86 - MOLDING B/S COLOR
CF5 - POWER SUNROOF
CJ2 - AUTOMATIC CLIMATE CONTROL
C49 - REAR WINDOW DEFROSTER
C5N - GVW RATING - 5750 LBS
DAY - ASSEMBLY PLANT MORAINE, OHIO
DD7 - INSIDE REARVIEW MIRROR, AUTO DIMMING, COMPASS
DH2 - LIGHTED LH & RH VISOR MIRRORS
DK7 - OVERHEAD CONSOLE
DS3 - POWER OSRV MIRRORS, HEAT, TURN SIGNALS
DT4 - ASHTRAY AND LIGHTER
EVA - EVAP EMISSION REQUIREMENT
FLT - FLEET PROCESSING OPTION
GU6 - REAR AXLE 3.42 RATIO
JF8 - BRAKE VAC POWER, 4 WHL DISC
JJB - PT DRESS SUBASSY NOT INSTALLED
KA1 - FRONT HEATED SEATS
KG4 - GENERATOR 150 AMP
K18 - ELECTRIC AIR INJECTION SYSTEM
K34 - CRUISE CONTROL
LL8 - ENGINE, VORTEC 4.2L SFI I6
M30 - TRANSMISSION, 4 SPD AUTOMATIC
NP8 - 2-SPEED ACTIVE TRANSFER CASE
NU5 - EMISSION SYSTEM CALIFORNIA
NZ3 - 16" FULL SIZE SPARE WHEEL
N40 - POWER STEERING
N74 - 17" BRIGHT ALUMINUM WHEELS
PDC - PWR SEAT ADJUST-DRIVER, 8 WAY
QTR - WOL ON/OFF ROAD TIRES
R6F - IDENTIFY B CODE USERS
R6K
R6P - SPECIAL PAINT
R6Q - OPTION PKG NOT DESIRED
R7M - ONSTAR DELETE
R9N - LEATHER SEAT TRIM
STW - LEATHER WRAPPED STG WHL W/CONTR
TB4 - LIFTGATE
TFD - RETAIL AMENITY DELETE
TGA - LANGUAGE CONTROL ENG, FR, SPAN
T61 - DAYTIME RUNNING LIGHTS
T96 - FOG LAMPS
T98 - STAMPING VEHICLE IDENT NUMBER
UA6 - THEFT DETERRENT ALARM SYSTEM
UB0 - AM/FM STEREO W/CD
UG1 - UNIVERSAL HOME REMOTE
UJ6 - TIRE PRESSURE MONITOR
UK6 - REAR SEAT RADIO & HVAC CONTROLS
UY7 - TRAILER WIRING HARNESS
U68 - DRIVER INFO CENTER DISPLAY
U73 - FIXED MAST ANTENNA
VK3 - FRONT LICENSE PLATE BRACKET
VN9 - DAILY RENTAL REPURCHASE PROGRAM
VXS - COMPLETE VEHICLE LABEL
V1K - LUGGAGE RACK CROSS-BARS
V40 - PWR SEAT ADJ-PASSENGER, 8 WAY POWER LUMBAR, FRONT PASSENGER
V73 - STATEMENT OF VEHICLE CERT.-U.S. /CANADA
X88 - CHEVROLET CONVERSION
YA7 - CALIF. ASSY. LINE EMISSION TEST
YC6 - LT PACKAGE 2 * MEMORY: DRV SEAT,OSRV MIRROR * OSRV MIRRORS W/TURN SIGNAL * HEATED FRONT SEATS * ETR AM/FM STEREO W/CASS., CD RDS, THEFT DETERRENT (REPLACES STD/OPT PKG RADIO)
YD3 - BASE AXLE YD5 - BASE FRONT SPRING
YD6 - BASE REAR SPRING
YF5 - 50-STATE EMISSIONS
YT1 - DAILY RENTAL FLAT RATE DEPREC.
ZNF - SPARE, ALL-SEASON TIRE
ZQ3 - DRIVER CONVENIENCE PACKAGE: DRVR MESSAGE CNTR, AUTO CLIMATE CONTROL, RR SEAT RADIO AND HVAC CTRLS. LEATHER STRG WHL W/CONTL
ZW7 - PREMIUM RIDE SUSPENSION
ZY1 - SOLID PAINT 1SE - LT PREFERRED EQUIPMENT GROUP 2: * SEATS, RECLINING FRONT BUCKET, LEATHER APPOINTED SEAT,RR LTHR APPOINT,SPLT FLD * PWR SEAT ADJ-PASSENGER, 8 WAY POWER LUMBAR, FRONT PASSENGER * LT CONVENIENCE PACKAGE: * MEMORY: DRIVER'S SEAT AND OSRV MIRRORS * FRONT HEATED SEATS * PWR MIRRS-HEATED/TURN SIGNAL
1SZ - PREFERRED EQUIPMENT SAVINGS
28I - INT TRIM LT GRAY/DK GRAY
282 - LIGHT GRAY
37U - IMPERIAL BLUE METALLIC
6FB - COMP FRT LH COMPUTER SEL SUSP
7FB - COMP FRT RH COMPUTER SEL SUSP
8UZ - COMPONENT RR LH COMPUTER SEL
9UY - COMPONENT RR RH COMPUTER SEL

#19 ·
THANK YOU. I DO NOT SEE THE CURB VIEW LIST IS THERE A NOTHER NAME. and again why did i have it before and not now :confused: It jUst gets furstrating when you know you had it and everyone says i did not that it has never been on this trail blazer (chevorlet told me it is not on trailblazers period end of ticket call your laywer or what ever you need to do for you are not going to get it unless you pay for it.....i asked why should i have to pay for some thing if it was on there when i purchased it. See here there is something else the salesman had told me that a little woman had this vechile and i saw in BQ2 - AVIS RENT A CAR . so there is another ITHINK I HAVE LEARNED MY LEASON ON BUYING A VECHILE......:bonk:..(TRUST AND HONESTY IN CAR SELLING THERE IS NOT ANY)..:thx 07TB & :thx everyone for helping me

#20 ·
Alot of times- Rental cars are returned at about 25,000 miles.
is that how many miles where on yours?
Ive heard so many salesmen say an old man or old lady drove the car. I guess they want you to think it was driven easy.
that memory convenience package.....wonder if that had the memory curb assists?
What is that YC6 and Zy1- they reference some type of OSRV mirriors

#21 ·
Martha-
Overall I would get a report on your car and from now on when you buy a car get a VIN report. That will tell you everything it has and what has been done to it.

To define some things.
BQ2 - AVIS RENT A CAR
Just because it says that it is BQ2 doesn't mean that it was a AVIS RENT A CAR. That means that the car was build to the general specifications that AVIS provides. Avis may or may not have got that one.

Even if the car was a Rent A CAR it dosen't mean that it was destroyed or bad. In fact Rentals get better washing and inside carpet treatment then most non-rentals get. How often do you think the average owner washes and waxes their car in the winter? How often do you think they clean their carpets? To add to this the TrailBlazer is not a cheap rental. It is moderate expensive to rent and so younger (more eager drivers) probably did not rent it.

DS3 - POWER OSRV MIRRORS, HEAT, TURN SIGNALS
OSRV is (Out side rear view) it is an old term for a side view mirror.

ZY1 - SOLID PAINT 1SE - LT PREFERRED EQUIPMENT GROUP 2: - This package should call out if you have the Rear curb assist.

My rear view assist is called out in my Envoy.

I believe that only the LT 2SE and the SS are the only TrailBlazer with the rear curb assist, unless you opt for it.

DIC - Driver Information Center
Just because you have the DIC does NOT mean you have rear curb assist. Their are many things that are optional for the DIC.

I am not saying that you don't have it. All I am saying is that you have to look at the dealers point of view. What they are telling you is that it isn't listed and they don't know of a package that does include it. This dealer just isn't convinced and you have to provide evidence that it did have it. Just like if you went to court.

You have three options.

1. Go to another dealer:thumbsup:
2. Sell your TB and buy a different truck :(
3. Use it how it is :yes:

IMO the curb view sucks unless you park on the street every day! Reason why is that it makes it hard for backing when not backing to a curb. Take backing a trailer or backing out of the driveway. The right mirror now points at the ground. :hissy: It makes it really tough.

Overall I would go and get a report on your VIN. You will then see how many or how few problems it has had. And who has owned it. At least you will know.

Oh and :iagree: with the comments on the air pressure gauge. My dads Bonnie and Montana both have this issue. He lives in Iowa and on drastic temperature swing days it reports funny. He waits for the tires to warm up then looks at the gauges.

#23 ·
I agree with all of this walter but, my point is when i have trouble with my trailblazer i should be able to trust the service people to fix my problem. NOT take away what i had on it they can say it was not on there as much as they would like too. it was on there........i bought it on there and no one should have taken it away with out my concent(it looks like)....it was on when i purchased it. I just do not know where to find evidence to prove to them it was on except load every one it scared the sh** out of when the motor made the sound beside them......this is my :hissy::hopeless

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.