How do you remove the sun visors. - Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum

Welcome Enthusiast! If you already own a Chevy TrailBlazer or GMC Envoy or perhaps thinking of purchasing such a vehicle, then you have come to the best TrailBlazer and Envoy site on the net! Rainier, Bravada, Ascender, and 9-7x owners welcome too!

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to search and post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.
Join Today!
Go Back   Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum > 2002 - 2009 TrailBlazer/Envoy Tech > 02-09 Appearance > Interior

Interior Interior

TrailVoy.com is the premier GMC Envoy Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 03-24-2008, 04:45 AM

2004 Chevy TrailBlazer LS
Indigo Blue Metallic 4.2L I6 4X4
How do you remove the sun visors.

I recently got a set of flip down monitors and i need to get the headliner down. Im not sure if the visors are in the way, but i will need to remove them eventually to install a set of sun visor monitors. TIA for any help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-14-2008, 08:44 PM

2003 GMC Envoy SLE
Light Pewter Metallic 4.2L I6 4X4
Quote:
Originally Posted by blazinlow89 View Post
I recently got a set of flip down monitors and i need to get the headliner down. Im not sure if the visors are in the way, but i will need to remove them eventually to install a set of sun visor monitors. TIA for any help.
I removed mine to recover them, and getting them off was really simple, just took a paperclip, door panel tool and a little muscle.

flip them down and move them parallel to the door window. Then straighten out a paper clip and stick it in that little access hole on the outside of the pivot arm. I used pliers to hold the paper clip because my hands kept slipping. Then, as you push the paperclip into the hole, move the visor so it's parallel to the windshield. The inner part that pivots should recess into the bezel, and the paper clip should move more into the hole. If it doesn't work at first, just keep trying by resetting and starting from the beginning. It took me a few times before I got the arm to recess into the bezel. Then take the door panel tool (you can remove the paperclip) and go around the sides popping the plastic away from the headliner. It was pretty difficult and felt like I was going to snap it off. It took about three points of using the tool to pry it off before I got it off. Turns out because there are three snap points on the inside that holds it together. They are triangle point positions if that helps give you an idea where to pry. You can also apply pressure and rock it back and forth while pulling (something I could not accomplish) instead of using the tool.

The only problem I have is getting the visors back ON So hopefully I'll either figure it out, or just take it to a shop and have them pop them back in for me. I can't find any tips on the site here.
Old 08-14-2008, 08:58 PM
TrailVoy Guru

2003 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LT
Scratchy Black 4.2L I6 4X4
Quote:
Originally Posted by ayannauriel View Post
The only problem I have is getting the visors back ON So hopefully I'll either figure it out, or just take it to a shop and have them pop them back in for me. I can't find any tips on the site here.
AMEN! Talk about a true pita....i was so f'n pissed off when I put mine back in that I said F taking pics...and that was just one

Basically the 3 tabs don't go where they look like they they should, they go into the recessed grooves up in the retainer....i had to take the visor and the retainer out to "practice" lining them up
Old 08-14-2008, 09:45 PM

2003 GMC Envoy SLE
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAY03LT View Post
AMEN! Talk about a true pita....i was so f'n pissed off when I put mine back in that I said F taking pics...and that was just one

Basically the 3 tabs don't go where they look like they they should, they go into the recessed grooves up in the retainer....i had to take the visor and the retainer out to "practice" lining them up
YAY!!!!! THANK YOU! I never would have gotten them in without that tip. They don't seem to line up quite right, but its ok, I can get them clipped in when they're flipped up, and I live in the land of no sun so I rarely use them anyway.
Old 07-21-2009, 12:25 PM

2003 GMC Envoy SLT
Dark Gray Metallic 4.2L I6 2WD
question...

Can I pull the headliner down in the front, put the sunvisor into place and THEN put up the headliner... basically, I know that the sunvisor clip next to the rear view mirror that screws into the metal also helps keep the headliner up... does the swivel part of the sunvisor also do the same or does it just secure to the headliner?
Old 08-07-2009, 01:02 PM

2003 Chevy TrailBlazer LT
Sun visor removal

On my 05 TB , I just took out the 3 hex head screws and unplugged the light from inside the headliner. The other screw holding the other small part that the visor clips into will hold the rest of the head liner.
Old 11-02-2009, 04:50 PM

2002 GMC Envoy SLE
Black 4.2L I6 4X4
Quote:
Originally Posted by jarret777 View Post
Can I pull the headliner down in the front, put the sunvisor into place and THEN put up the headliner... basically, I know that the sunvisor clip next to the rear view mirror that screws into the metal also helps keep the headliner up... does the swivel part of the sunvisor also do the same or does it just secure to the headliner?
The pivot/swivel part attaches to the sheet metal. I had to drop the hedliner corner down at the driver side yesterday. The process was relativly painless, thanks to comments above. Putting it back was not hard (I never took the visor off of the headliner). Basically, the pivot has a tab (not shown in picture) that needs to go in the key or groove in the sheet metal (right), then you turn and push up on the visor pivot until it snaps in place. It worked on the second trial. Hope the pictures below help.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC01166.JPG‎
Views:	221
Size:	128.5 KB
ID:	7622   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC01167.JPG‎
Views:	140
Size:	127.2 KB
ID:	7623  
Old 02-16-2010, 09:03 AM

2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LTZ
Black 4.2L I6 AWD
Crap, well i joined the club here.

When i bought my trailblazer i found out that the mirror of the passenger visor was removed by a previous owner. I got a replacement and removed the old one succesfully as described here.

The problem was getting the new one back in!!!! What a real PITA indeed!!!

Finally i was succesfull replacing it but only after some other tips i found. Here it is for others daring the same thing!

1) You first need to remove the windshield trim piece that goes from the dash to the headliner.

2) Next remove front assist handle from headliner. This is kind of tricky. Have a screwdriver handy and pop plastic covers up.n They are attached on the sides. Take handle and push towards the rear of the vehicle and stick screwdriver in hole and pry hold tab up. The front comes out similar.(Remove back of handle first)

3) Next recline seat and pop center trim back from it's clips.

4) Open and rotate sunshaded parallel to side window.

5) Insert a small tool into hole @ arm of the visor.

6) Push upwards on tool while rotating towards windshied. The pivot arm will appear to be recessed into the bezel now.

7) Push outward and pull down firmly. The sunshade and headliner should be seperated from the roof structure.

8) Now pull down the headliner and rock the visor up and down and the black clip should pop off above the headliner.

9) If you have lighted visors pull the wires away from the headliner and unplug.

INSTALLATION ::

1) Plug in visor.

2) Position wire into slot on visor.

3) Position visor into hole and place retainer clip between headliner and roof structure.(You will need an extra hand with this step) (Oh Yeh, The retainer clip is a real patience tester. There are (3) slots that it fits into on arm. Not to be confused with the wire hold down tab.)

4) Make sure visor is parallel with windshield and push up into hole. Continue upward pressure while turning visor towards side window. As you turned it the bezel should have become flush now.

5) Return all trim pieces to their spots.

Now my oldest daughter can put make-up on with mirror and light! Thanks to all that helped in this post!
Old 02-26-2010, 06:56 AM

2005 Chevy TrailBlazer LS
Graystone Metallic 4.2L I6 4X4
My 2005 trailblazer is different. Just 3 screws and the sun visors come off. I recently purchased a set of sun visors that have the lighted, covered mirrors. They bolt right in place of my non lighted sun visors. I have asked this on another thread but haven't gotten an answer. Is the wiring harness there where all I have to do is plug them in, or do I have to cut and splice to hook up power to them? Thanks for any help you can give me.
Old 02-26-2010, 07:23 PM

2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LS
Indigo Blue Metallic 4.2L I6 2WD
First, have a beer (trust me on this one, and it will be the first of many). Then take the visor and align the slots. Have another beer. Push the visor up into the slots as far as you can, but use the proper slots...not the ones that it LOOKS like it would fit into. Have another beer. Push the complete assembly up into the hole with the visor parallel to the side window (or was it the windshield?) and start to push and twist towards the opposite side. Take a breather and have another beer because the first try was a dismal failure and for the life of me I cannot figure out how this f&*(ing thing is supposed to fit. If you repeat this process several times, you eventually get the right combo of pushing up and twisting forward that will get the visor started and then lock. Or you can sober up and take it to the dealer instead of shooting up the neighborhood in frustration!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
(Only letters, numbers, dashes and underscores are permitted for user names)
The user name that you choose is permanent and can never be changed.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.