Driverside door control panel - Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum

Welcome Enthusiast! If you already own a Chevy TrailBlazer or GMC Envoy or perhaps thinking of purchasing such a vehicle, then you have come to the best TrailBlazer and Envoy site on the net! Rainier, Bravada, Ascender, and 9-7x owners welcome too!

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to search and post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.
Join Today!
Go Back   Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum > 2002 - 2009 TrailBlazer/Envoy Tech > 02-09 General Tech Q&A > General

General If it doesn't fit in any other forum

TrailVoy.com is the premier GMC Envoy Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 06-03-2008, 08:58 PM

2003 Chevy TrailBlazer LS EXT
Steel Gray Metallic 4.2L I6 4X4
Driverside door control panel

All 4 window switches dead (including window lock), I checked the fusebox under rear seat - not the problem as the passenger window worked when I swapped the fuse into the passenger side fuse.

Wife left driver window open last night and it rained - I'm assuming this caused the issue.

What's your best guess at problem/solution?

Cheers!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-03-2008, 09:05 PM
South Chapter

2008 Chevrolet Trailblazer 3LT
Desert Brown Metallic 5.3L V8 2WD
Pop the control panel off, unplug the wires and hit them with a hairdryer. You've got nothing to lose but a little time investment.

I would imagine it will dry out on its own. I had the same problem with my truck and I couldn't wait for it to dry. I dipped mine in rubbing alchohol to help speed up the process. I'm not reccommending this to you. That is your call not mine. I would opt for the hairdryer. the switch isn't cheap but it isn't too high priced either if it is shot.

good luck.....I'm sure someone else will chime in any minute, maybe a better solution out there.

Electrical contact cleaner would be a way to go as well.
Old 06-03-2008, 09:09 PM

2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LTZ
Forest Green Metallic 4.2L I6 2WD
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXBlazer View Post
Pop the control panel off, unplug the wires and hit them with a hairdryer. You've got nothing to lose but a little time investment.

I would imagine it will dry out on its own. I had the same problem with my truck and I couldn't wait for it to dry. I dipped mine in rubbing alchohol to help speed up the process. I'm not reccommending this to you. That is your call not mine. I would opt for the hairdryer. the switch isn't cheap but it isn't too high priced either if it is shot.

Electrical contact cleaner would be a way to go as well.
Thats what i would try
Old 06-04-2008, 08:02 PM
TrailVoy Guru

2009 Chevy Avalanche LTZ
Black 5.3L V8 4X4
WD-40 will get rid of any water (WD = water displacement)
Old 05-28-2009, 11:23 PM

2007 Chevy TrailBlazer LT
Silverstone Metallic 4.2L I6 4X4
Bringing this thread back up as mine just died this morning. Along with the window switches all being dead, the door lock switch, seat heater switches, and mirror control are all out. Everything electrical in the driver's door is dead, the lights are out as well.

It rained a little bit while the windows were open a few days ago, but its been fine since then until just today.

The plug-in going from the chassis to the door is snug and tight.

The other window switches and motors work fine. So do all the door locks.

If I pull the door panel off, is there a circuit board that controls all of these items that might be blown? Is there maybe just a single fuse that controls just this door's electrical equipment? I just got this TB a few months ago so I haven't learned all the quirks.

I'll try the hairdryer thing but I'm thinking there's something else more serious wrong with it.
Old 06-09-2009, 05:58 PM

OK, so I got a new (used) control switch panel from someone on ebay. The switches for all of the passenger door windows work fine, so does the door lock switch. But the heated seat controls don't work, neither does the window lock button. And now, the most confusing thing, the driver's window switch only causes the window to go up or down by a few millimeters each time you push it.

Ideas? I'm trying to figure out if this "new" switch is also defective and if I should be getting in contact with the seller about returning it or if it is something else within the vehicle.
Old 06-09-2009, 08:14 PM

OK, check that, the seat heater switch(es) work fine. I disconnected the battery for about an hour to reset the electronics so it can "learn" the new DDM, but still having the same problem with the driver's window and the window lock button.

Any advice or ideas would be appreciated.
Old 11-24-2013, 03:09 PM

qwerty qwerty qwerty
qwerty 5.3L V8 2WD
Thanks for sharing good reference.
Old 11-24-2013, 03:32 PM

2006 Buick Rainier
Light Pewter Metallic 4.2L I6 4X4
There is a GM Recall for the drivers side door switches. Water gets in and can cause them to not work and in a worst case cause a fire. I think the recall went out last June??? The thread above is 4 years old.
Old 11-24-2013, 03:35 PM

2006 Buick Rainier
Light Pewter Metallic 4.2L I6 4X4
http://blogs.wsj.com/drivers-seat/20...e-fire-hazard/

Guess it is limited to 2006 and 2007 and those registered in the "snow belt"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
(Only letters, numbers, dashes and underscores are permitted for user names)
The user name that you choose is permanent and can never be changed.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.