TPMS / Can't Get Into Reset Mode - Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum

Welcome Enthusiast! If you already own a Chevy TrailBlazer or GMC Envoy or perhaps thinking of purchasing such a vehicle, then you have come to the best TrailBlazer and Envoy site on the net! Rainier, Bravada, Ascender, and 9-7x owners welcome too!

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to search and post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.
Join Today!
Go Back   Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum > 2006 - 2009 TrailBlazer SS Tech > 06-08 SS General Tech Q&A > General

General If it doesn't fit in any other forum

TrailVoy.com is the premier GMC Envoy Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 07-01-2008, 09:46 AM

2007 Chevy TrailBlazer SS
TPMS / Can't Get Into Reset Mode

Having problems getting my Tire Pressure Monitoring System into the reset mode. Rotated tires, and need to reset sensors. I've tried every combination of turning the lights from off to parking lights 4 times, and can't get the system to beep or light up.

Anybody that has done this could you give me an idea of how you turned the light knob?

Key is in on position.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-02-2008, 07:56 AM

2008 Chevy TrailBlazer SS
Summit White 6.0L LS2 V8 2WD
Here is the reset procedure I found on another GM forum

TPM Learn Mode Cancellation

The PDM will cancel the learn mode if more then 2 minutes have passed and no sensors have been learned, or if the PDM has been in learn mode for more than 5 minutes. If the learn mode is canceled before any sensor has been learned, the PDM will remember all current sensor Ids and their locations. As soon as the fist sensor Id code is learned, all other Ids are erased from the PDM's memory.

Important: Before proceeding with the steps below, ensure that no other sensor learn procedure is being performed simultaneously, or that tire pressures are not being adjusted on a TPM equipped vehicle within close proximity.

1. Turn ON the ignition, with the engine OFF.
2. Apply the parking brake.

Important: If the TPM learn mode cannot be enabled, ensure the TPM system is enabled in the PDM. Refer to Control Module Setup .

3. Turn the exterior lamp switch from OFF to parking lamps 4 times within 4 seconds. A double horn chirp will sound and the low tire pressure indicator will begin to flash indicating the TPM learn mode has been enabled.

Caution: Over inflating tires may cause personal injury or damage to the tires and wheels. When increasing tire pressure do not exceed the maximum inflation pressure as noted on the tire sidewall.

Important: If a horn chirp does not sound after 35 seconds for any of the 4 sensors, turn the ignition OFF to exit the learn mode and repeat the procedure from step 1.

4. Starting with the left front tire, hold the antenna of the J-46079 against the tire sidewall close to the wheel rim at the valve stem location then press and release the activate button and wait for a horn chirp, or increase/decrease the tire pressure for 8-10 seconds, or until a horn chirp sounds. The horn chirp may occur before the 8-10 second pressure increase/decrease time period has been reached, or up to 30 seconds after the 8-10 second pressure increase/decrease time period has been reached.
5. After the horn chirp has sounded, proceed as in step 4 for the next 3 sensors in the following order:

1. Right front
2. Right rear
3. Left rear

6. After all sensors have been learned, exit the learn mode by turning OFF the ignition.
7. After the learn mode has been exited, adjust all tire pressures to the recommended kPa/psi.
Old 07-02-2008, 08:07 PM

2006 Chevy TrailBlazer SS
Black 6.0L LS2 V8 2WD
Not to highjack the thread but I have a question in the same area here......
Is there a way to shut them off ?
I have one sensor bad and it may be awhile before I get into the dealership to replace it. Every time I start it I have to clear the warning message.... getting old.

Thanks.
Old 07-26-2008, 03:34 PM

Black 6.0L LS2 V8 AWD
Quote:
Originally Posted by CodyC6 View Post
Having problems getting my Tire Pressure Monitoring System into the reset mode. Rotated tires, and need to reset sensors. I've tried every combination of turning the lights from off to parking lights 4 times, and can't get the system to beep or light up.

Anybody that has done this could you give me an idea of how you turned the light knob?

Key is in on position.
Yeah, it sometimes takes me a couple of tries. The key is going from off to exactly parking lights, not a little before or after, and well under 4 seconds, I'm not sure the system always gives you that much time. Good Luck!

John
Old 07-26-2008, 03:48 PM

Black 6.0L LS2 V8 AWD
Quote:
Originally Posted by my996duc1 View Post
Not to highjack the thread but I have a question in the same area here......
Is there a way to shut them off ?
I have one sensor bad and it may be awhile before I get into the dealership to replace it. Every time I start it I have to clear the warning message.... getting old.

Thanks.
You have to get a faulty sender isolated from the pickup to stop the warning. In my case I had to put the spare on. It warned me once, and then went away, displaying a "0" for tire pressure in that position. You might be able to shield the pickup with some foil or something, I don't know. Why not just replace the sensor? You can order one online for about $60 and have any good tire shop install it.

John
Old 07-26-2008, 10:26 PM

2007 Buick Rainier
Platinum Metallic 4.2L I6 2WD
What is a J-76049?
Old 08-03-2008, 01:45 PM

Black 6.0L LS2 V8 AWD
Quote:
Originally Posted by CodyC6 View Post

Key is in on position.
Cody, I had the same thing with mine, I took it to the dealer and they could not get it into relearn mode so they replaced the keyless entry reciever (located in the back hatch door) under warranty. Hope you've got your problem fixed or this helps you.
Old 08-23-2008, 01:57 AM

Black 6.0L LS2 V8 AWD
Sorry to hijack but does anyone know the part number for the TBSS TPMS?? i need to order some for winter.
Old 12-13-2009, 06:14 PM

2008 Chevy TrailBlazer LT
Graystone Metallic 4.2L I6 4X4
Mine didn't work unless I put the parking brake on (as indicated in the directions)
Old 06-15-2010, 09:40 PM

2008 Chevy TrailBlazer LT
Dark Gray Metallic 4.2L I6 2WD
Just did mine today after putting it off since I put on the summer tires. Parking brake, key on, lights from off to parking within 4 seconds (horn chirps to acknowledge this). Then slowly let air out of driver tire until horn chirps, then move to passenger front and repeat process, then to passenger rear, then to driver rear. You should get a chirp after each tire sensor has relearned. Once that is done, turn key off. Done deal, it was easy as pie.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
(Only letters, numbers, dashes and underscores are permitted for user names)
The user name that you choose is permanent and can never be changed.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.