Check Engine Light P1680 - Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum

Welcome Enthusiast! If you already own a Chevy TrailBlazer or GMC Envoy or perhaps thinking of purchasing such a vehicle, then you have come to the best TrailBlazer and Envoy site on the net! Rainier, Bravada, Ascender, and 9-7x owners welcome too!

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to search and post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.
Join Today!
Go Back   Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum > 2002 - 2009 TrailBlazer/Envoy Tech > 02-09 Vortec 4.2L I-6 Engine and Drivetrain > OEM Issues

OEM Issues Original Equipment Repairs and/or Problems

TrailVoy.com is the premier GMC Envoy Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 07-15-2008, 09:24 AM

2004 GMC Envoy SLE XUV
Graystone Metallic 4.2L I6 4X4
Check Engine Light P1680

Hey Recently My Truck Had A Check Engine Light On It Came On On Saturday Afternoon With The Power Reduce Light Also I Hit The Gas And It Did Not Move Turn The Car Off And Back On And I Was Able To Get Going Light Remain On That Day And Sunday Then Sunday Night Light Turn Off I Check The Code On Monday With A Match Scanner And Pulled P1680 The Light Is Not On But I Was Checking And Found Some Website That States There Is A Tsb Available For This Code And That There Might B A Warranty Up 80k Miles.have U Guys Heard About This And Do U Guys Know About This Code.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-15-2008, 10:20 AM
TrailVoy Guru

2009 Chevy Avalanche LTZ
Black 5.3L V8 4X4
I found this on an other site:

you have to reprogramm the ecm.here is a bulletin for this problem.Subject: Service Engine Soon Light On, P1680 (Reprogram or Replace PCM)

2004 Chevrolet Trailblazer

2004 GMC Envoy

2004 Oldsmobile Bravada

with 4.2L Engine (VIN S - RPO LL8)

Some customers may comment on the Service Engine Soon Light coming on. Upon investigation, the technician may find a P1680 diagnostic trouble codeCheck the resistance of the accelerator pedal position sensors using the procedure in the appropriate Service Information for DTC P1680.

If the resistance of the accelerator pedal position sensor is within the specifications shown in the Service Information and the vehicle was built prior to the following VIN breakpoints, then reprogram the PCM with the latest calibration.

If the resistance of the accelerator pedal position sensor is within the specifications shown in the Service Information and the vehicle was built after the following VIN breakpoints, then replace the PCM. If the resistance of the accelerator pedal position sensor is outside the specifications shown in the Service Information, then continue with the diagnostics for DTC P1680.

Here is the site: http://www.2carpros.com/forum/2004-g...-vt118343.html

You might fix it with a need PCM flash (a new flash will provide needed updates anyway), but if PCM needs to be replaced, it should be free under the emissions warranty
Old 09-16-2010, 09:11 AM

2004 GMC Envoy SLT
Onyx Black 4.2L I6 2WD
hm, maybe that's why my check engine light keeps coming on. It'll stay on for a bit, then when I'm about to go check it, it goes off for like a week or two, then comes back on for like a couple days. Haven't noticed any problems though.
Old 03-13-2011, 11:18 AM

2004 Chevy TrailBlazer LS
Summit White 4.2L I6 4X4
Code P1680

I had the same thing happen to my 04 yesterday. Pulled a P1680 code. I think my Trailblazer falls under a service bulletin for a PCM reflash for this problem. Hopefully clears up some mild drivability issues (sluggish) I've been having!
Old 05-19-2011, 10:57 AM

Graystone Metallic 4.2L I6 2WD
I also got the P1680 code, I cleaned the thottle body like the dealer said to, well I was also today to change the APP sensor from a co-worker, and also to reprogram the computer, but how do you know i need to reprogram it???
Old 09-23-2011, 07:49 PM

silver 4.2L I6 2WD
Check Engine and Reduce Engine Light came on

Hello everybody,
I really need somebody's help. Ive owned a trailblazer 04 for the past 7 months. Sometimes when waiting on a light and when trying to accelerate it will seem like it wants to turn off. When I stop again the service engine soon comes on and the reduce engine comes on. At the moment I can be pressing the pedal and it doesnt move. It moves but slowly. I turned my car off and then turned it bavk on and then it starts running okay. But with the engine light on.
I went to autozone to get it checked and the gave me the P1680 code and the guy tells me I have to buy a new computer for the vehicle. Can somebody tell me what to do? This is the only car I depend on.
Old 11-15-2011, 05:23 PM

2004 Chevy TrailBlazer LT
Graphite Metallic 4.2L I6 2WD
Follow up - P1680

I'm having the same issues with my '04 TB. Taking it in for reprogamming of PCM this week. I was just wondering if the reprogramming and/or replacing with a preformancePCM has resolved the problems for those who have posted on this thread.

Thanks!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
(Only letters, numbers, dashes and underscores are permitted for user names)
The user name that you choose is permanent and can never be changed.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.