P0411 - Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum

Welcome Enthusiast! If you already own a Chevy TrailBlazer or GMC Envoy or perhaps thinking of purchasing such a vehicle, then you have come to the best TrailBlazer and Envoy site on the net! Rainier, Bravada, Ascender, and 9-7x owners welcome too!

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to search and post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.
Join Today!
Go Back   Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum > 2002 - 2009 TrailBlazer/Envoy Tech > 02-09 Vortec 4.2L I-6 Engine and Drivetrain > Air Induction

Air Induction Performance Air Intake/Air Induction Modifications

TrailVoy.com is the premier GMC Envoy Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 08-13-2008, 10:59 AM

2006 Chevy TrailBlazer LT
Liquid Silver Metallic 4.2L I6 4X4
P0411

Hey guys, I started my truck after work a few days ago and the check engine light came on immediatley. I bought a scan tool the next morning and pulled code P0411 (Secondary air injection incorrect upstream flow detected). I have reset the light twice and it will stay off until the truck sits for 6+ hours then it will come back on again when I start the truck.

I have read a half dozen threads on code P0410 but have found information on code P0411 limited. My question is should I be treating this code the same way as P0410 or does the code P0411 open up a new can of worms?

thank you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-13-2008, 11:00 AM

I filled out all of the information on my profile but it did not seem to pop up

I have a 2006 Trailblazer with the 4.2L
Old 08-13-2008, 04:13 PM
TrailVoy Guru

2003 Chevy TrailBlazer LS
Pewter Metallic 4.2L I6 2WD
did you read this thread?

maybe you can take the valve off and look at it...
I think others say they rust internally...
may be worth your while to take it off and check it...

http://forums.trailvoy.com/showthrea...ighlight=P0410
Old 08-13-2008, 05:03 PM

Yes I read that thread which is what put me onto the check valve in the first place.

I was just curious because everyone else under the sun pulls a code P0410 and for some reason I have to be different and pull code P0411.

Some additional info, last night when I left work I started my truck and I heard the pump run for about 5 seconds.

With the light reset I went out at lunch today and started my truck, the light did not come on which I assume means the engine was not cool enough. But I had the hose pulled from the check valve and I felt and heard the suction for about 5 seconds then it went away.

thanks
Tim
Old 11-05-2009, 08:54 PM

2006 Chevy TrailBlazer LS
Summit White 4.2L I6 4X4
Quote:
Originally Posted by eman0006 View Post
Yes I read that thread which is what put me onto the check valve in the first place.

I was just curious because everyone else under the sun pulls a code P0410 and for some reason I have to be different and pull code P0411.

Some additional info, last night when I left work I started my truck and I heard the pump run for about 5 seconds.

With the light reset I went out at lunch today and started my truck, the light did not come on which I assume means the engine was not cool enough. But I had the hose pulled from the check valve and I felt and heard the suction for about 5 seconds then it went away.

thanks
Tim
Hey Tim,

Did you get this problem fixed? I have been dealing with the Check Valve issue on my 06 Trailblazer for a while now too.

This seems to be a big issue and it is going to be one of three things. Either your secondary air pump (under the floor of the driver side), the relay for this air pump (next to air pump), and then the check valve which is supposed to open and close on a cold start (engine off for at least 4-6 hours).

I would bet that your check valve needs to be replaced.

The newer trailblazers check valve is more sophisticated than the earlier TBs with this issue. I believe that your check valve now has a pressure sensor that the previous TBs do not.

There is a really good, but long thread about this problem.

I am still working on mine only because I dont have the money to order the check valve yet, but should be doing this soon.

Here is that thread:
http://forums.trailvoy.com/showthread.php?t=45668

I see you are in Eagan, MN. Im in Minneapolis. Ill race you to the nearest junkyard!

If you already fixed this problem, it would be good to hear what you did.
Old 01-20-2010, 03:47 PM

Summit White 4.2L I6 4X4
Just had this on mine this Saturday, took it in on Monday, and they replaced the check valve, but when they went to fire it back up they had problems with the computer not seeing ground, so my truck got a new PCM as well. At least it was all covered
Old 02-16-2010, 06:57 PM

Carbon Black Metallic 4.2L I6 2WD
Any updates?? I just threw this code on my 06 4.2 aswell..

Heres my case. Ever since i installed my Volant CAI it has been idling etremely rough on cold starts untill i hear what sounds like a vacuum pump come on (a high pitch humming noise) then it runs perfect. Its been doing this since late august of last year and it just now threw a code for the secondary air induction fault (p0411).. Think they are related?? Where is the check valve located?
Old 02-16-2010, 08:31 PM
No longer with us

2004 GMC Envoy SLT "Roadiemobile"
Extreme Offroad Pewter 4.2L I6 4X4
The check valve is on the exhaust manifold. A long discussion with diagrams of the locations of the parts is in the thread referenced in post #5:

http://forums.trailvoy.com/showthread.php?t=45668

The turbine air pump hastens the vehicle getting into closed loop mode on a cold start. You might need other things that affect idle, like cleaning the throttle body (some folks need to do it every 30K miles!) or new plugs.

http://forums.trailvoy.com/articles....ticle&artid=91
Old 04-20-2013, 06:54 PM

2006 GMC Envoy SLT
Dark Gray Metallic 4.2L I6 4X4
Question Any updates

Ok, got the same code p0411. Issue started 3-4 days ago. I turn on the envoy (cold start) and hear the really loud secondary air pump run for 20-30 seconds then it slows down to a stop. About 2 months ago I replaced the o2 sensor located close to the trans stick. Cleaned the throttle body, and had to replace the wire harness and board in my heating/cooling fan. Ran great. However, now as I stated the new code is showing. Took apart the hoses below the drivers side and no water came out. Took the Solenoid valve off, took it completely apart and cleaned it then sprayed penetrating lube in it and let it soak (not sure if it works though) I don't have any electrical jumpers or a 12v battery to test if it's operating or not. Put everything back together and same problem. Any ideas on what I should try next? Advice and pictures are greatly appreciated
2006 GMC Envoy, 4wd, I6., 4.2L.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
(Only letters, numbers, dashes and underscores are permitted for user names)
The user name that you choose is permanent and can never be changed.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.