look under drivetrain stablitrack issue - Page 2 - Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum

Welcome Enthusiast! If you already own a Chevy TrailBlazer or GMC Envoy or perhaps thinking of purchasing such a vehicle, then you have come to the best TrailBlazer and Envoy site on the net! Rainier, Bravada, Ascender, and 9-7x owners welcome too!

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to search and post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.
Join Today!
Go Back   Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum > 2002 - 2009 TrailBlazer/Envoy Tech > 02-09 Brakes, Suspension, Wheels and Tires > OEM Issues

OEM Issues OEM Repairs & Problems

TrailVoy.com is the premier GMC Envoy Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 10-28-2008, 06:11 PM

2008 GMC Envoy SLT
Summit White 4.2L I6 4X4
What do you think about trying another....

dealer? Where I bought it is a Chev dealer....I might try a reg GMC dealer? Do you think it might help seeing how they may have more experience with this sort of problem or is it pretty elementary? Seems to me if people on this forum have an answer, paid mechanics should be able to solve rather easily....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-28-2008, 10:30 PM
TrailVoy Alumni

2005 Chevy TrailBlazer LT
Offroad Edition 4.2L I6 4X4
(From your email: nope you didn't make a mistake, I'm from Maryland, chased a job up here)

I'm assuming this must be an issue with the new 2008 year model. Very strange sounding.

I'd definitely try out a new dealer, any Chevy dealer will recognize and accept your warranty. Suggest to them the yaw sensor, it will at least give them something to look at. Keep trying around until someone has a fix, sorry I don't have more advice. Good luck.

Let us know what the trouble is from!

... IF
you think you're ready...
Old 10-30-2008, 10:21 AM

2008 GMC Envoy SLT
Summit White 4.2L I6 4X4
Stabilitrak fix found?

Had the service manager take it home for the evening and drive back to work with it in the morning with a recording device.....turns out it was yaw sensor after all (Good call James!)....so they replaced....I just hope that is a TOTAL fix! Updates... when necessary and thanks to all who contributed...
Old 11-01-2008, 12:47 PM

2008 GMC Envoy SLT
Summit White 4.2L I6 4X4
Unhappy Hmmm, I'm not convinced of fix....

Picked up Envoy....drove from dealer lot....went (I swear) not 200 feet and problem returned! Brought it back. Service manager has tech guy hook up recorder and take a drive.....drove around for 15-20 mins and nothing! So they agree to keep it overnight to have tech guy take home and return next morning(today). And of course, there's nothing to fix. I know they are trying to fix it, but I can not get rid of the notion that it WILL return again...at least this time I made it home (a whole 4 miles) and so far, so good... Time will tell. If it makes it a whole week without returning, I may be satisfied.
Old 11-06-2008, 12:56 PM

2007 GMC Envoy SLT
Black 4.2L I6 2WD
update

I took our 2007 Envoy to the dealer because the stabiltrack was activating when braking on a normal flat road (as mentioned above).
They couldn't find any history in the computer that it had activated.
They reprogrammed the ECBM per a service bulletin issued in October/08.
Picked up 10/29 and hasn't happend again.........
Old 11-07-2008, 05:52 AM
TrailVoy Alumni

2007 Chevy TrailBlazer LS
Bordeaux Red Metallic 4.2L I6 4X4
Possible cure for blinking light:
xTooltipElement
Service Information
2008 GMC Truck Envoy - 4WD | Envoy, TrailBlazer, Ascender (VIN S/T) Service Manual | View All Bulletins | Document ID: 2196577
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#08-05-25-005: Intermittent StabiliTrak Indicator Light Blinking, StabiliTrak Active Message Displayed, DTC C0196 Set (Reprogram Electronic Brake Control Module (EBCM)) - (Oct 1, 2008)

Subject: Intermittent StabiliTrak® Indicator Light Blinking, StabiliTrak® Active Message Displayed, DTC C0196 Set (Reprogram Electronic Brake Control Module (EBCM))

Models: 2006-2007 Buick Rainier

2006-2009 Chevrolet TrailBlazer Models

2006-2009 GMC Envoy Models

2006-2009 Saab 9-7X

2006-2009 Isuzu Ascender Models

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This bulletin provides information on two different conditions.

Condition #1
Some customers may comment on a Service StabiliTrak® indicator light along with a Service StabiliTrak® message displayed in the DIC. Upon investigation, the technician may find DTC C0196 set in history.

Condition #2
Some customers may comment on a blinking StabiliTrak® indicator light along with a StabiliTrak Active message displayed in the DIC during normal driving conditions. No DTCs will be found with this concern.

Cause
This condition may be caused by a software anomaly within the electronic brake control module (EBCM) that allowed the yaw offset to be falsely learned.

Correction
Do This
Don't Do This

Reprogram the EBCM.
Do not replace the yaw sensor or EBCM for this condition.

Important: From the controller list, select "VSES Vehicle Stability Enhancement System Control Module."

If routine diagnosis using SI does not reveal any obvious cause, reprogram the EBCM using SPS with the latest software available on TIS2WEB. Refer to the Service Programming System (SPS) procedures in SI. As always, make sure your Tech 2® is updated with the latest software version.

Warranty Information (excluding Saab U.S. Models)
For vehicles repaired under warranty, use:

Labor Operation
Description
Labor Time

H2508
Electronic Brake and/or Traction Control Module Reprogramming with SPS
Use Published Labor Operation Time

Warranty Information (Saab U.S. Models)
For vehicles repaired under warranty, use:

Labor Operation
Description
Failed Object
Fault/Reason Code
Location Code
Warranty Type
Repair/Action Code
Labor Time

Electronic Brake and/or Traction Control Module Reprogramming with SPS
Use Published Labor Operation Time
Old 11-08-2008, 01:11 PM

2008 GMC Envoy SLT
Summit White 4.2L I6 4X4
And the drama continues.....

Today will mark the 5th attempt to get this POS fixed. To update from my last post 11/1/08, returned to dealer on Monday 11/4 with problem again except I mistakenly forgot to leave the Envoy running with lights displayed....I was quite adamant that I would NOT leave the dealer with this vehicle...they are being VERY good about a loaner and let me have one; said they would keep it for a few days and have someone from the shop drive it to get the problem to display.....well they had it all week, tech guy drove it (supposedly) three days back and forth to work and nothing activated, no problems, so "lady, come and pick it up because there's nothing we can do". Proceed to dealer this morning to pick it up (knowing that the problem would most certainly return) and I WAS RIGHT! I didn't get more than 400 feet from the dealer lot and ABS activates while driving on dry straight pavement going 30-35 MPH while slowing for stop light....turned around and went back and THANKFULLY I DIDN'T shut it off and dragged the service guy out to see it for himself.....at least this time they did detect some precious code that they absolutely HAD to have in order to fix (I bet our local BOCES students have a better understanding of this system) but, no matter....they have something to go on and will continue to investigate....they didn't give me the actual DTC number but said the problem directs them to the EBCM but that's working correctly? I also reported some information I have found here and elsewhere about dirty connections in the wheel hub just for grins and giggles, so MAYBE this issue can DIE! If not, this will be the last straw and I will unload it to some other shmuck, who hopefully won't end up dead because of the problem!
Old 11-19-2008, 02:44 PM

same symptoms, different lights

2006 Trailblazer
Sporadic problem:
1) I notice something going on when it feels like it is losing power inspite of giving it more gas and increased RPMS. If I had to guess, one or more breaks appear to slowly engage. If I leave off the gas, the vehicle will come to a complete stop - even heading down hill. It can happen at any speed.
2) Within a few seconds after it starts, the Stabiltrack and Service Stabiltrack lights come on. ABS indicators do not come on.

I took it to the Dealer and they said it was a bad Steering wheel angle sensor. They replaced it and reprogrammed the computer. I picked it drove 5 miles and the same thing happened. Its at the dealer now and they are stumped. Is the 'Yaw' sensor the same as what they replaced? Anybody else have this problem? Any ideas to recommend to the dealer?

-Stranded
Old 11-20-2008, 01:44 PM

2008 GMC Envoy SLT
Summit White 4.2L I6 4X4
kind of the same, little bit different...

Dealer first replaced yaw sensor to deal with my initial complaint with stabilitrack and service brake lights lit with self activating brakes (i swear the vehicle is possessed by the devil!)....that did NOT cure the problem....

it has now been 13 days at the dealer.....bottom line (and the LAST attempt to fix, at least by THESE people ....do I smell lemons???) they replaced the EBCM unit, reprogrammed and Ta Da! I will be picking it up in a matter of moments.....

let's see, anyone want to make a bet on if it's cured? My money's on the DEVIL!
Old 11-21-2008, 01:49 PM

Whats next?

Dealer replaced the ABS Pump and I picked it up yesterday. Worked fine for a while...Just got home from being towed back to the dealer. They are going to replace the EBCM computer next.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
(Only letters, numbers, dashes and underscores are permitted for user names)
The user name that you choose is permanent and can never be changed.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.